Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in the United States, Canada, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks and sacrifice for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. We are here with the collection of Thanksgiving Day Quotes for you, to share it with your loved one.
Thanksgiving Day Inspirational Quotes
This Thanksgiving Day quotes, which are a mix of inspiring, funny, and insightful sayings from brilliant authors and famous figures can serve as a wonderful reminder to reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey.
- “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is a soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Our rural ancestors, with little blest, Patient of labor when the end was rest, Indulged the day that housed their annual grain, With feasts, and offerings, and a thankful strain.” – Alexander Pope.
- “He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart.” – J.A. Shedd.
- “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- “If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” – Ina Garten.
- “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!” – Margaret Junkin Preston.
- “Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.”– H.U. Westermayer
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilto
- “I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” – E.P. Powell
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Thanksgiving Quotes Inspirational
- “On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
- “It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it.” – Alistair Cooke
- “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.” – J. Robert Moskin
- “There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” – O. Henry, Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen
- “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” – Jon Stewart
- “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year — and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.” – Ray Stannard Baker
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
- “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.” – Daniel Humm
Thanksgiving Quotes for Family
This Thanksgiving Day quote shares these quotes and blessings with your loved ones to remember what the holiday is really all about:
- “Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”– Charles Dickens
- “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.”– Sam Lefkowitz
- “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.”– Kevin James
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.”– Henry Van Dyke
- “I like football. I find it an exciting strategic game. It’s a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.”– Craig Ferguson
- “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.”– Steve Goodier
- “Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter what befalls us in life, we can take the charred remnants and we can reconstruct a life unimaginably richer than that from which the shards and pieces fell.”
- “Although Thanksgiving comes but once a year, every day should be a day of Thanks. Among all the challenges that we face as people with hearing loss, there are certainly brighter moments in every day – moments that deserve to be recorded in our Gratitude Journal.”
- “Real ballplayers pass the stuffing by rolling it up in a ball and batting it across the table with a turkey leg.”
- “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.”
- “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.”– Douglas Conant
- “On Thanksgiving, I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.”– Bobby Jindal
- “You shouldn’t just give during Christmas and Thanksgiving you should be giving all the time.”– Alcurtis Turner
- “My fondest memories are generally the day after Thanksgiving. I get the total decorating Christmas itch.”– Katharine McPhee
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.”– Joyce Giraud
- “It’s like being at the kids’ table at Thanksgiving – you can put your elbows on it, you don’t have to talk politics… no matter how old I get, there’s always a part of me that’s sitting there.”– John Hughes
- “Thanksgiving, our eminent moral holiday, doesn’t have much for children. At its heart are conversation, food, drink, and fellowship – all perks of adulthood.”– Rosecrans Baldwin
- “Thanksgiving is America’s favorite holiday because it’s a time when we put aside our cares, much as the struggling Pilgrims did nearly four centuries ago, and eat a gut-busting meal without worrying about the ‘out years.’”– David Ignatius
- “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!”– Margaret Junkin Preston
- “What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?”– Erma Bombeck
- “Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time or a better place to live in.”– Phillips Brooks
Thanksgiving Day Funny quotes for You
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.”– Cicero
- “And though I ebb in worth, I’ll flow in thanks.”– John Taylor
- “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.”– Robert Brault
- “Thanksgiving is so-called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year.”– P. J. O’Rourke
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”– W.T. Purkiser
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.”– Gerald Good
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”– W. Clement Stone
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” – William Blake
- “I love Thanksgiving because it is a holiday centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.”– Marcus Samuelsson
- “It took me three weeks to stuff the turkey. I stuffed it through the beak.”– Phyllis Diller
- “The Thanksgiving tradition is, we overeat. ‘Hey, how about at Thanksgiving we just eat a lot?’ ‘But we do that every day!’ ‘Oh. What if we eat a lot with people that annoy the hell out of us?”– Jim Gaffigan
- “Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.”– Edward Sandford Martin
- “I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.”– Howie Mandel
I hope you like these collections of Thanksgiving Day Quotes. We had collected these quotes from the internet. Keep Sharing, Keep Supporting us.