Swami Vivekananda is one of the most inspiring personalities. Swami Vivekananda Quotes and thoughts are very inspirational and teach us a very good lesson of life. He born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata, His original name was Narendranath Dutta. He was a spiritual leader and social reformer. His lectures, writings, letters, poems, ideas motivated not only the youth of India but also the whole world.
He founded Ramakrishna Mission on 1 May 1897 at Belur Math. The goals of the mission were based on the Karma Yoga and its main objective was to serve the poor and suffering or disturbed population of the country.
He predicted that he will not live more than the age of 40. Therefore, on 4 July 1902, he died while doing meditation. He is said to have attained ‘Mahasamadhi’ and was cremated on the Banks of river Ganga.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Education, Life, and Success is very motivational. Here are the best collection of Swami Vivekananda Quotes. Share your favorite quotes in the comment section below. One of my favorite quotes of Swami Vivekananda are-
“Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.”
“Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.”
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
- Anything that brings spiritual, mental, or physical weakness, touch it not with the toes of your feet.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself. -Swami Vivekananda
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true. -Swami Vivekananda
- The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something behind the will which is free. -Swami Vivekananda
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. -Swami Vivekananda
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. -Swami Vivekananda
- Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth. -Swami Vivekananda
- The will is not free – it is a phenomenon bound by cause and effect – but there is something behind the will which is free.
- “Whatever you think that you will be.If you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourself strong, you will be.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole Soul into it to the exclusion of all else.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Stand up, be bold, and take the blame on your own shoulders. Do not go about throwing mud at other; for all the faults you suffer from, you are the sole and only cause.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. ― Swami Vivekananda
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true. ― Swami Vivekananda
- External nature is only internal nature writ large. ― Swami Vivekananda
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them. ― Swami Vivekananda
- “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.” — Swami Vivekananda
- God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life. ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Success
- “The cheerful mind perseveres and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything. ― Swami Vivekananda
- Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. -Swami Vivekananda
- Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak. -Swami Vivekananda
- If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value, but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better. ― Swami Vivekananda
- As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God. ― Swami Vivekananda
- The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed. ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished. ― Swami Vivekananda
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong. ― Swami Vivekananda
- That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material. ― Swami Vivekananda
- The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him – that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free. -Swami Vivekananda
- “Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “First, believe in the world that there is the meaning behind everything.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within yourself.” — Swami Vivekananda
- “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that. ― Swami Vivekananda
- “The greatest sin is to think that you are weak.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “You are the soul, free and eternal, ever free, ever blessed. Have faith enough and you will be free in a minute.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “This attachment of Love to God is indeed one that does not bind the soul but effectively breaks all its bondage.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “We are ever free if we would only believe it, only have faith enough.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Meditation can turn fools into sages but unfortunately, fools never meditate.” ― Swami Vivekananda
You May Also Like
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Education
- “If superstitions enter, the brain is gone.” — Swami Vivekananda
- “That which is selfish is immoral, and that which is unselfish is moral.” — Swami Vivekananda
- What is education? Is it book learning? No. Is it diverse knowledge? Not even that. The training by which the current and expression of will are brought under control and become fruitful is called education.
- “Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Anything that makes you weak physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.” — Swami Vivekananda
- There is only one purpose in the whole of life -Education.
- We may read books, hear lectures, and talk miles, but the experience is the one teacher, the one eye-opener. It is best as it is. We learn, through smiles and tears we learn.
- The present system of education is all wrong. The mind is crammed with facts before it knows how to think.
- Educate our people, so that they may be able to solve their own problems. Until that is done, all these ideal reforms will remain ideals only
- Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man.
- All power is within you; You can do anything and everything.
- “Talk to yourself once in a day.. otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world. ” — Swami Vivekananda
- The very essence of education is the concentration of mind.
- “Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.” ― Swami Vivekananda
- “Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Love
- Love cannot be without a subject and an object.
- Love all creatures. Do not be jealous of anyone. Look not to the faults of others.
- It is love that gives you the supernatural powers, love that gives you Bhakti, love that gives illumination, and love, again, that leads to emancipation.
- Human love is seen to flourish only in places where it is returned; where love is not returned for love, cold indifference is the natural result.
- Love alone is the fittest thing to survive and not hatred.
- Love is always mutual, reflective. You may hate me, and if I want to love you, you repulse me. But if I persist, in a month or a year you are bound to love me.
- Love itself is God.
- Love was the most visible of all visible things.
- Pure love has no motive. It has nothing to gain.
- The only way is love and sympathy. The only worship is love.
- There is no true love possible in the slave. If you buy a slave and tie him down in chains and make him work for you, he will work like a drudge, but there will be no love in him.
- Lust is the death of love.
I hope you like these collections of Swami Vivekananda Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly more updates.
You may also Like