Have you missed a goal? Missing a goal is disappointing either on the football ground or in life. But we are here to tell you that it’s okay if you miss a goal, there are many to come.
Be ready for them. We have brought you this amazing collection of Soccer Quotes by famous players, sportsmen, and philosophers that will inspire you to hit the goal and teach you teamwork.
The game of soccer teaches you many important lessons of life. It teaches you co-operation, teamwork, leadership, and hard work. Most importantly, it teaches that making a goal is not a one-time thing. You need to practice hard before the match to hit the goal.
Here’s a list of Soccer Quotes and Sayings that will motivate you to play best both in the soccer ground and ground of life. Also, share these Soccer Quotes with your friends who are fans of the game of Soccer.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Gym Quotes to get you into the gym daily.
Best Soccer Quotes
1. “Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable!” – Cristiano Ronaldo
2. “It’s hard to beat someone who never quits.”
3. “All I know of morality I learned from football.”- Albert Camus
4. “Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought.”- Dennis Bergkamp
5. “Keep working even when no one is watching.” -Alex Morgan
6. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good.” –Cristiano Ronaldo
7. “Only in sport can you live through emotions like this. We knew how to put them in difficulty, we made them run, we prepared well.” – Samuel Umtiti
8. “Tactically, the coach did a perfect job yesterday, so we know we will be fully prepared.”– Antoine Griezmann
9. “I’m going to remember to have fun this time. Life is too short for the stress and the drama.” – Romelu Lukaku
10. “The players are writing a beautiful page of French football history.” – Didier Deschamps
11. “Soccer is an art more central to our culture than anything the Arts Council deigns to recognize.” – Germaine Greer
12. “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.” – Leonel Messi
13. “I worry when I can’t help the team with everything I have to offer.” – Luis Suarez
14. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Leonel Messi
15. “I want to win and always have done since I was small. I don’t know if it’s in my blood or just my personality.” – Diego Costa
16. “But it’s cool. Those people weren’t with me when we were pouring water in our cereal.” – Romelu Lukaku
17. “I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder.” – Wayne Rooney
18. “Life is like a game of soccer. You need goals. If there are no goals in your life then you can’t win.” – Unknown
19. “I think there are a lot of things that soccer does in the communities that transcend the soccer field.” – Brandi Denise Chastain
20. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits, and get on with trying to win.” – Lionel Messi
21. “A penalty is a cowardly way to score.” – Pelé
22. “My heroes were always soccer players.” – Ronaldinho
23. “In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
24. “I worked on my weaknesses and made them my strengths.” – Sydney Leroux
25. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pelé
26. “Football is all about sentiment; if it weren’t then we’d all support Manchester United.” – Mark O’Brien
27. “What I learned from directing, I learned from soccer, where it’s like a coach-player relationship.” – Sean Durkin
28. “For me, practice and discipline are the magic words to become big in any sport, especially soccer.” – Gabriel Batistuta
29. “The person that said winning isn’t everything, never won anything.” – Mia Hamm
30. “If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing.” – Kyle Rote, Jr.
Don’t forget to also read out the handpicked collection of Sports Quotes about becoming legendary with a positive mindset.
Inspirational Soccer Quotes
31. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” -Pele
32. “God gives gifts to everyone, some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.” – Ronaldinho
33. “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” – Abby Wambach
34. “Take the risk, or lose the chance.” – Eden Hazard
35. “I never tried to hide the fact that my only goal is to be the best” – Cristiano Ronaldo
36. “I have to be scoring goals and playing well to get in the team because, if not, others who are in better form will play.” – Diego Costa
37. “I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.”― Mark Viduka
38. “Those who say it can’t be done, shouldn’t interfere with those who are doing it.” – Billy Eberhart
39. “Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.” – Mia Hamm
40. “If you’re not sweating, you’re not working hard enough.” – Alex Morgan
41. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Unknown
42. “Take your victories, whatever they might be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” – Mia Hamm
43. “Football is the poetry of a motion.” – Pubudu Lasal Dissanayake
44. “Soccer must be played with the heart, not with strength and talent as perceived.” – ABC
45. “I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from.”- Cristiano Ronaldo
Motivational Soccer Quotes
46. “Everything is practice.” – Pele
47. “It is not just about the money, it is about what you achieve on the pitch.” – Ronaldinho
48. “Everything in my life has happened very early, personally and professionally. I’m always learning: I have to.” – Neymar Jr.
49. “I always look forward to playing for my national team, especially at major tournaments.” – Luka Modric
50. “I only think about the pitch. I want to do great. I want to be one of the best. I want to win titles. I want to achieve things.” – Paul Pogba
51. “That’s the mentality – don’t just play it, win it”. – Luis Suarez
52. “If you weren’t with me when I had nothing, then you can’t really understand me,” – Romelu Lukaku
53. “Soccer is not just about scoring goals. It’s about winning.” – Unknown
54. “The first 90 minutes are the most important.” – Sir Robert William
55. “Soccer is not about justice. It’s a drama, and criminally wrong decisions against you are part and parcel of that.” – Pete Davies
56. “I learned all about life with a ball at my feet.” – Ronaldinho
57. “Football is an art players paint with their feet.” – Maswood Alam Khan
58. “There is no pressure when you are making a dream come true.” – Neymar Jr.
59. “The smartest thing I did is I never gave up.” – Ivan Rakitic
60. “Football is the ballet of the masses.” – Dmitri Shostakovich
61. “Men spend their time in following a ball or a hare; it is the pleasure even of kings.” – Blaise Pascal
62. “It is my conviction that there are no limits to learning, and that it can never stop, no matter what our age.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
63. “Some people think football [soccer]is a matter of life and death. I don’t like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.” – Bill Shankly
Funny Soccer Quotes
64. “I think soccer kept me off the street.” – Memphis Depay
65. “What I do is play soccer, which is what I like.” – Lionel Messi
66. “Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.” – Johan Cruyff
67. “I reckoned I could meet more girls being in a band than playing soccer.” – Roger Taylor
68. “I’m attracted to soccer’s capacity for beauty. When well played, the game is a dance with a ball.” – Eduardo Galeano
69. “I believe that a bad Super Bowl halftime show is still better than a soccer game.” – Ron White
70. “I think foosball is a combination of soccer and shish kabobs.” – Mitch Hedberg
71. “When I was younger, soccer was my life. I always wanted to play.” – Alphonso Davies
Be it a game of soccer or life, give your best. Making a goal or not is a secondary thing, what is important is that you try hard. Goals will come and go, you will surely hit the one which is made for your success.
More Related Quotes:
We hope you have enjoyed these famous Soccer Quotes and Sayings by famous players, sportsmen, and philosophers and get the motivation you needed. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.