“Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.”- Sigmund Freud.
Brain is complex even for the owner of the brain, let alone the level of complexity that arises when someone tries to understand and solve someone else’s brain. Psychology is one of the most intriguing subjects of our world. It is complex but it forms the basis of every living life. Recently we have seen a rise in the critical cases arising from the problems of human psychology and the best way we have got to treat the problems related to human psychology is psychoanalysis. And today we are here to talk about the person who is known as the founder of psychoanalysis- Sigmund Freud. So here are some of the most amazing and famous Sigmund Freud Quotes and Sayings about human psychology, love, life, success, destiny, and much more.
Sigmund Freud was born on the 6th of May, 1856 in the Czech Republic. He was an amazing neurologist, philosopher, author, and the founder of psychoanalysis, which is the treatment commonly known as counseling given by a psychotherapist by talking to a patient. Psychoanalyzing is proving to be of much importance for humans with each passing day. It is a weapon against the illness related to the minds of people, unseen and difficult to understand.
Sigmund gave many amazing theories related to important subjects like personality, therapy, memory, childhood, and sexuality.
So here are the best Sigmund Freud Quotes and Sayings to move a little closer to the mind of this amazing man:
Sigmund Freud Quotes
- “Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.”
- “We are what we are because we have been what we have been.”
- “The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.”
- “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”
- “From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.”
- “We choose not randomly each other. We meet only those who already exist in our subconscious.”
- “The ego is not master in its own house.”
- “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
- “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.”
- “Human beings are funny. They long to be with the person they love but refuse to admit openly. Some are afraid to show even the slightest sign of affection because of fear. Fear that their feelings may not be recognized, or even worst, returned. But one thing about human beings that puzzles me the most is their conscious effort to be connected with the object of their affection even if it kills them slowly within.”
- “Love and work… work and love, that’s all there is.”
- “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.”
- “We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.”
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
- “Religious doctrines … are all illusions, they do not admit of proof, and no one can be compelled to consider them as true or to believe in them.”
- “He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.”
- “Words have magical power. They can bring either the greatest happiness or deepest despair; they can transfer knowledge from teacher to student; words enable the orator to sway his audience and dictate its decisions. Words are capable of arousing the strongest emotions and prompting all men’s actions.”
- “It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement — that they seek power, success, and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.”
- “Love and work are the cornerstones of our humanness.”
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor but without folly.”
- “The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind.”
- “Everywhere I go I find a poet has been there before me.”
- “A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror.”
- “The voice of the intellect is a soft one, but it does not rest until it has gained a hearing.”
- “Whoever loves becomes humble. Those who love have, so to speak, pawned a part of their narcissism.”
- “Maturity is the ability to postpone gratification.”
- “Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.”
- “The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief.”
- “The more perfect a person is on the outside, the more demons they have on the inside.”
- “Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires.”
- “My love is something valuable to me which I ought not to throw away without reflection.”
- “The only person with whom you have to compare ourselves is that you in the past. And the only person better you should be, this is who you are now.”
- “Life, as we find it, is too hard for us; it brings us too many pains, disappointments, and impossible tasks. In order to bear it we cannot dispense with palliative measures… There are perhaps three such measures: powerful deflections, which cause us to make light of our misery; substitutive satisfactions, which diminish it; and intoxicating substances, which make us insensible to it.”
- “Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.”
- “Just as a cautious businessman avoids investing all his capital in one concern, so wisdom would probably admonish us also not to anticipate all our happiness from one quarter alone.”
- “No, our science is no illusion. But an illusion it would be to suppose that what science cannot give us we can get elsewhere.”
- “The behavior of a human being in sexual matters is often a prototype for the whole of his other modes of reaction in life.”
- “The instinct of love toward an object demands a mastery to obtain it, and if a person feels they can’t control the object or feel threatened by it, they act negatively toward it.”
- “A religion, even if it calls itself a religion of love, must be hard and unloving to those who do not belong to it.”
- “The virtuous man contents himself with dreaming that which the wicked man does in actual life.”
- “When a love-relationship is at its height there is no room left for any interest in the environment; a pair of lovers are sufficient to themselves.”
- “Conservatism is too often a welcome excuse for lazy minds, loath to adapt themselves to fast-changing conditions.”
He was a thinker and he was a great one. Thinkers are rare and valuable for the well-being of the whole world. Sigmund’s theories are important and influential. So immerse yourself in his words and have a great day ahead.
We hope you like these collections of Sigmund Freud Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly for more updates.