“The woods are lovely dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep”
– Robert Frost, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”.
These lines must be one of the most looked up-to lines in the history of poetry. This piece of writing talks about living beautifully and how beautifully does it talks about life, so beautifully that every person in this world can relate to it. And a phrase that can tug on the strings of so many hearts at once is simply a masterpiece. And this specific masterpiece was born from the pen of Robert Frost in 1922 and published in 1923. And here are some other magical masterpiece quotes from Robert Frost. So read ahead for Robert Frost Quotes and Sayings.
Robert Lee Frost was an American poet who is the only one in history to win four Pulitzer Prizes for his notable and magical work in poetry. He is considered one of the greatest poets in history. And our life will be good if we follow the words of such people, who could beautifully imagine life.
So here we have brought some amazing Robert Frost Quotes and Sayings about life that will help us go through life, not around it. So here are his words of wisdom for us:
Robert Frost Quotes
- “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.” – Robert Frost
- “These woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.” – Robert Frost
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Robert Frost
- “Something we were withholding made us weak until we found it was ourselves.” – Robert Frost
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
- “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” – Robert Frost
- “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” – Robert Frost
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.” – Robert Frost
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.” – Robert Frost
- “I am one who has been acquainted with the night.”― Robert Frost
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
- “Poetry is what gets lost in translation.” – Robert Frost
- “Nature’s first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay.” – Robert Frost
- “Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.” – Robert Frost
- “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
- “Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.” – Robert Frost
- “To be a poet is a condition, not a profession.” – Robert Frost
- “I’m not confused. I’m just well mixed.” – Robert Frost
- “Anything more than the truth would be too much.”― Robert Frost
- “Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.” – Robert Frost
- “We love the things we love for what they are.” – Robert Frost
- “A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body – the wishbone.” – Robert Frost
- “To be social is to be forgiving.”― Robert Frost
- “I am a writer of books in retrospect. I talk in order to understand; I teach in order to learn.”― Robert Frost
- “Poetry is a way of taking life by the throat.” – Robert Frost
- “By faithfully working eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
- “A good book has no ending.” – Robert Frost
- “Always fall in with what you’re asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever’s going. Not against with. ” – Robert Frost
- “My goal in life is to unite my avocation with my vocation, As my two eyes make one in sight.” – Robert Frost
- “Hope is not found in a way out but a way through.” – Robert Frost
- “Nobody was ever meant to remember or invent what he did with every cent.” – Robert Frost
- “Our very life depends on everything’s Recurring till we answer from within.” – Robert Frost
- “There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won’t, and that’s a wife who can’t cook and will.” – Robert Frost
- “Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.” – Robert Frost
- “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” – Robert Frost
- “Thinking isn’t agreeing or disagreeing. That’s voting.” – Robert Frost
Robert Frost Famous Poem
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves, no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
If we could live life in poems, life will be magical. So let us live our lives in the poem through the poems of poets like Robert Frost. They not only understand life for what it is but also pen it down mesmerizingly to love life for what it is. So love life and live life.
I hope you like these collections of Robert Frost Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.