The United Nations General Assembly has declared July 18 as ‘International Nelson Mandela Day’ to honor South African leader Nelson Mandela’s contribution to the field of peace. On the anniversary of his birth, here are the best quotes by Nelson Mandela which are very inspiring.
Nelson Mandela was born on 18 July 1918, he was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999 and was the country’s first black head of state as well as the first elected official in a fully representative democratic election.
A resolution in this regard was unanimously passed in the 192-member General Assembly, under which every year since 2010, 18 July is celebrated as International Nelson Mandela Day.
Passing the resolution, President of the General Assembly Ali Treki said that the international community praised the work of ‘a great man’ who always worked for other people.
Mandela raised his voice for people on human rights and other global issues internationally till his last breath.
In 2020, the essence of Mandela Day – take action, inspire change, and make every day a Mandela Day – is more important than ever before.
Quotes By Nelson Mandela
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” -Nelson Mandela
- “It is not where you start but how high you aim that matters for success.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Education Is The Most Powerful Weapon Which You Can Use To Change The World.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Appearances matter — and remember to smile.” – Nelson Mandela
- “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You will achieve more in this world through acts of mercy than you will through acts of retribution.” -Nelson Mandela
- “No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.” – Nelson Mandela
- “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Courage is not the absence of fear — it’s inspiring others to move beyond it.” – Nelson Mandela
If you want to read more quotes by Nelson Mandela you check this 100+ Famous Nelson Mandela Quotes about Education, Love, Fear, and Leadership.
Hope these Nelson Mandela Quotes inspired your inner soul. Do share these quotes with your friends and family on this International Mandela Day, Keep Inspiring others.