Benazir Bhutto was a Pakistani politician, she was the prime minister of Pakistan from 1988 to 1990 and again from 1993 to 1996. She was one of the most famous Pakistani politicians and the first woman to lead a democratic government in a Muslim majority nation. In this post, we will mention some quotes by Benazir Bhutto on Democracy, Peace, and freedom which are very inspirational.
Bhutto remained a controversial figure and was criticized by opponents as corrupt and politically inexperienced. On 27 December 2007, Rawalpindi, Pakistan she was assassinated.
Now read some great quotes by Benazir Bhutto which we have collected from various sources.
Quotes by Benazir Bhutto
- “Democracy is necessary to peace and to undermining the forces of terrorism.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Democracy is the best revenge.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Whatever my aims and agendas were, I never asked for power.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Right now, they feel they have lost their voice, and their miseries have increased since my departure.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “I dream of a world where we can commit our social resources to the development of human life and not to its destruction.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Democracy needs support, and the best support for democracy comes from other democracies.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Given the right to a free ballot, the people would support my return.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “America’s greatest contribution to the world is its concept of democracy, its concept of freedom, freedom of action, freedom of speech, and freedom of thought.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Pursuing peace means rising above one’s own wants, needs, and emotions.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “To make peace, one must be an uncompromising leader. To make peace, one must also embody compromise.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Right now, they feel they have lost their voice, and their miseries have increased since my departure. – Benazir Bhutto
- “The best hijab is in the eyes of the beholder.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “You can imprison a man, but not an idea. You can exile a man, but not an idea. You can kill a man, but not an idea.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Freedom is not an end. Freedom is the beginning.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “A people inspired by democracy, human rights, and economic opportunity will turn their back decisively against extremism.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “All our problems, all our disputes, all our disagreements can be resolved quickly to mutual satisfaction if we address the question. – Benazir Bhutto
- “What is not recorded is not remembered.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “The military wants a system that protects its policies and privileges.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “I believe that democracies do not go to war, that’s the lesson of history.” – Benazir Bhutto
13 years had passed since Benazir’s assassination. In Pakistan, women do not have the same rights as men. In such a situation, it can be imagined that the person whose name is not only famous for politics but also became the first woman Prime Minister of Pakistan, who not only had the honor of being the 11th Prime Minister of Pakistan, but also the first woman to lead any Muslim country.
We hope you like these Quotes by Benazir Bhutto, share the best quotes in the comment section below which you like the most. Thanks for reading, come again for more Motivational and inspirational quotes.
You May Also Read