This post is the collection of Best Inspirational Pride Month Quotes and LGBT Quotes, Gay Quotes from various sources.
What is LGBT?
Talk about whether homosexuality is a crime or not later, but the first question that will be in many people’s minds is what is LGBT? We have heard many names of homosexual, bisexual, and transgender.
So what is the difference between all these? Actually, LGBT is a joint name that is made up of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender. The existence of homosexuality has been found in all cultures and countries, although the governments of some countries refute this.
Actually, as a human we consider opposite attraction to be normal, like man’s attraction to woman and woman’s attraction to a man is a normal process. But in addition to this, attraction can occur in many forms, which we divide into many different categories by calling it unusual.
In this, the attraction of a woman to the woman is in the lesbian category, while the attraction of the man towards the male comes in the gay category. At the same time, people who are attracted to both men and women are called bisexual.
In this post, we have collected LGBT quotes, Gay Quotes, pride month quotes, quotes about LGBT discrimination, and also some powerful quotes from changemakers who are have contributed to the movement for LGBT equality.
LGBT Pride Month Quotes
1. “Love him and let him love you. Do you think anything else under heaven really matters?” – James Baldwin
2. “When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” –Barack Obama
3. “If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.” – Zanele Muholi
4. “I am proud, that I found the courage to deal the initial blow to the hydra of public contempt.” – Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
5. “You look ridiculous if you dance. You look ridiculous if you don’t dance. So you might as well dance.” -Gertrude Stein
6. “Every LGBTQ+ refugee has a unique situation—but the fear and pain they endured before coming to Canada is universal.” – Arsham Parsi
7. “Nature made a mistake, which I have corrected.” – Christine Jorgensen
8. “I’m not missing a minute of this. It’s the revolution!” – Sylvia Rivera
9. “When you are doing something that is right, you just do it and take care … Someone has to do this.” – Alice Nkom
10. “It is against this God who kills that we are fighting and resisting.” – Alexya Salvador
11. “My silences had not protected me. Your silence will not protect you.” – Audre Lorde
12. “I was not ladylike, nor was I manly. I was something else altogether. There were so many different ways to be beautiful.” -Michael Cunningham
13. “The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well.” -Cassandra Duffy
14. “So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.”-Tim Cook
15. “I’ve been embraced by a new community. That’s what happens when you’re finally honest about who you are; you find others like you.” -Chaz Bono
16. “What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it’s curved like a road through mountains.” -Tennessee Williams
17. “If homosexuality is a disease, let’s all call in queer to work: ‘Hello. Can’t work today, still queer.’-Robin Tyler
18. “The Lord is my Shepherd and he knows I’m gay.” – Troy Perry
19. “The richness, beauty, and depths of love can only be fully experienced in a climate of complete openness, honesty and vulnerability.” – Anthony Venn Brown
20. “The beauty of standing up for your rights is others will see you standing and stand up as well.” -Columnist Cassandra Duffy
21. “Gender preference does not define you. Your spirit defines you.”-Author P.C. Cast
22. “This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.”-Ellen Page
23. “It takes some intelligence and insight to figure out you’re gay and then a tremendous amount of balls to live it and live it proudly.”-Jason Bateman
24. “I’m living by example by continuing on with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.”-Portia DeRossi
25. “We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.”-George Takei
Love Equality Quotes
26. “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love. It matters only that you love.” – John Lennon
27. “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within,” – James Baldwin
28. “Gay, straight, bi, whatever – it doesn’t matter. Love is love.” – Amber Liu
29. “We are not actually equal – humanity – if we are not allowed to freely love one another.” – Lady Gaga
30. “Love doesn’t care how much money you have. It doesn’t care who your parents are. It doesn’t care if you’re gay, straight, or transgender.” – Rumer Willis
31. “Everybody’s journey is individual. You don’t know with whom you’re going to fall in love. … If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.” – James Baldwin
32. “We must declare ourselves, become known; allow the world to discover this subterranean life of ours which connects kings and farm boys, artists and clerks. Let them see that the important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion itself.” – Gore Vidal
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous gay quotes, gay pride quotes, and gay rights quotes, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
33. “You don´t have to be gay to be a supporter – you just have to be a human.” – Daniel Radcliffe
34. “Being gay and being a woman has one big thing in common, which is that we both become invisible after the age of 42. Who wants a gay 50-year-old? No one, let me tell you.” -Rupert Everet
35. “I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us.” -Kinky Friedman
36. “When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.” -Rush Limbaugh
37. “I believe the scripture says that being gay is a sin.” -Joel Osteen
38. “Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away.” -Lady Gaga
Pride Month39. “The way I approach the character isn’t about being gay or straight. It’s just about who you love. Gender has very little to do with it.” -Mia Kirshner
40. “A gay male never gets over the idea he is a thing of beauty, and a boy forever!” -unknown
41. “Being gay is natural. Hating gay is a lifestyle choice.” -John Fugelsang
42. “I would advise any gay person that being out in the real sense can never happen too soon.” -George Michael
43. “I’m not ashamed of being gay, never have been and never will be. For that, I have no apologies.” -Tommy Kirk
44. “My mother thought me being gay was a death sentence.” -Jai Rodriguez
Quotes About Gay Pride, Homophobia, and Marriage
45. “All parents should be aware that when they mock or curse gay people, they may be mocking or cursing their own child.”
46. “If you don’t like gay marriage, blame straight people. They’re the ones who keep having gay babies.”
47. “Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.”
48. “If being gay is a choice, then when did you decide to become straight?”
49. “Be careful who you hate. It could be someone you love.“
50. “Being gay is like being left-handed. Some people are, most people aren’t and nobody really knows why. It’s not right or wrong, it’s just the way things are!”
51. “The only guy you need in your life is the one that proves he needs you in his.”
52. “If you have to make laws to hurt a group of people just to prove your morals and faith, then you have no true morals or faith to prove.”
53. “Marriage is about love, not gender.”
54. “Of course, gay men dress well. They didn’t spend all that time in the closet doing nothing.”
55. “I am a strong, black, lesbian woman. Every single time I say it, I feel so much better.” – Brittney Griner
56. “I will never change who I am just because you do not approve.”
57. “Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is only found in one.”
58. “Claiming that someone else’s marriage is against your religion is like being angry with someone for eating a donut when you’re on a diet.”
59. “Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privilege.”
60. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Homosexuals are in every religion, caste, and community and are like normal people, they also have the same needs as a normal male or female but in our society, they are still neglected, mocked, and despised.
They also have the right to live, to read and write, when nature has made them like that, why do they not get respect in society, this is a big question is, which is probably not available to anyone. The only answer is we have to change our mentality.
More Related Quotes:
- Walking Together Quotes For Your Loved Ones
- Letterkenny Quotes About Life, Love, and Farming
- Relationship Quotes for Understanding Relationships Better
- Long-Distance Relationship Quotes To Help You In Understanding Each Other
We hope you like these collections of Pride Month Quotes and LGBT Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes and wishes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Share your favorite Pride Month Quotes and LGBT Quotes in the comment section below.