What can bring you closer to life then growing a life yourself? And while having babies is an option, it might be rather tiring and expensive(for some people at least..smh). So the best way to see life for what it is, from being born to accomplishing things in life and then be lost in eternity, is to grow plant babies! Gardening and planting are hobbies on one hand, and on the other one, they are highly therapeutic. If we look closely, a green baby growing has all the life lessons we will ever need in our life-from germinating and digging through the soil for starting a life to growing deep stable roots for absorbing life from the same soil, from fighting for enough air and sun to selflessly giving everything it owns to others around, until at the end a new leaf grows on a thunder-struck tree trunk. So let’s celebrate the green beings around us with these beautiful quotes:
Below is the best collection of plant, gardening, tree quotes to keep you growing strong and moving forward in your everyday efforts.
- “Be-leaf in yourself and root for others also aloe vera much(pun intended).”
- “Adopt a plant and years later, the same plant after becoming a tree will adopt you.”
- “The best family you can have will have a partner, a kitten, and tons of plants.”
- “Become a plant parent and you will never be disappointed with your kids.”
- “A plant thorn might poke your finger but it will never poke your heart.”
- “Desert plants can bring spring into your life.”
- “Crazy plant lady is the new crazy cat lady.”
- “Wherever life plants you bloom with grace.”
- “Dear succulents, I promise I’ll never desert you.”
- “Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don’t you wonder who sent the flowers?” — Robert Brault
“A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his client to plant vines.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
- “We are made for loving. If we don’t love, we will be like plants without water.”―
- “Love and work are to people what water and sunshine are to plants.” ―
- “Every plant has its own requirements in order to grow and the same is with people.”
- “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Watching something grow is good for morale. It helps us believe in life.” -Myron S.Kaufman.
- “The plants have enough spirit to transform our limited vision.” -Rosemary Gladstar.
- “When a plant doesn’t grow you fix the environment it’s subjected to, not the plant.” -Yashmayi Bhoi
“A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.” — Liberty Hyde Bailey
- “Life is a plant that grows out of death.” -Henry Ward Beecher.
A collection of inspirational tree quotes, as well as share-worthy quotes about trees, nature, leaves, seasons, gardening, flowers, wildlife, fruit, green living, and the environment.
- “Trees will give you apples and be the apple of your eyes at the same time.”
- “Trees exhale for us so that we can inhale them to stay alive. Can we ever forget that? Let us love trees with every breath we take until we perish.” ― Munia Khan
- “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”― John Muir
- “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” ― William Shakespeare
- “From tying a swing to its branches to getting shade and fruits and pages for poetry from it until getting cremation and coffin wood, a tree has got everything we will ever need.”
- “The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second-best time is now.”
- “Be like a tree. Stay grounded, keep growing, and know when to let go.”
- “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”― Martin Luther
- “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held his ground.”
- “My favorite place to rest and be is tucked in the shade of an old oak tree.” -Angie Weiland Crosby.
- “Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky.” -Kahlil Gibran.
- “Trees are always a relief, after people.” -David Mitchell.
- “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “A tree falls the way it leans.” ― Bulgarian proverb
- “The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow-growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, ‘In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!’” ― John F. Kennedy
- “How could you not be hopeful if you’ve got a tree around?” ― Ross Spears
- “But down deep, at the molecular heart of life we’re essentially identical to trees.” — Carl Sagan
- “Trees give peace to the souls of men.” ― Nora Waln
- “Trees are your best antiques.” ― Alexander Smith
- “This oak tree and me, we’re made of the same stuff.” — Carl Sagan
- “A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.” ― Welsh proverb
- “When trees burn, they leave the smell of heartbreak in the air.” ― Jodi Thomas
- “On the last day of the world, I would want to plant a tree. ― W.S. Merwin
- “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” ― Chad Sugg
- “Whoever has learned how to listen to trees no longer wants to be a tree. He wants to be nothing except what he is. That is home. That is happiness.” ― Herman Hesse
- “The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all, our most pleasing responsibility.” ― Wendell Berry
- “To really feel a forest canopy one must use different senses, and often the most useful one is the sense of imagination.” ― Joan Maloof
- “Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky.” ― Kahlil Gebran
- “On the last day of the world, I would want to plant a tree.” -W S Merwin.
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” -Nelson Henderson.
Garden and Gardening Quotes
- “Date a garden, it will always meet you with flowers.”
- “The best thing about gardening is seeing green and brown growing red and pink.”
- “For pencil mistakes, you have erasers, for gardening mistakes you have new seeds.”
- “Gardening adds years to your life, and life to your years.”
- “Anyone who has time for drama is not gardening enough.”
- “Until you dig a hole, you plant a tree, you water it and make it survive, you haven’t done a thing. You are just talking.” -Wangari Maathai
- “I like gardening-it’s a place where I find myself when I need to lose myself.” -Alice Sebold
- “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.” -Janet Kilburn Philips
- “A gardener learns more in the mistakes than in the successes.” -Barbara Dodge Borland
- “Gardening is an art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and soil and sky as canvas.” -Elizabeth Murray
- “A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.” – Doug Larson
- “Plant and your spouse plants with you; weed and you weed alone.” – Jean Jacques Rousseau
- “Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors.” –Oscar de la Rentawn
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
- “I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.” – Claire Joyes
- “Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors.” – Mary Cantwell
- “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” – A.A. Milne
- “All gardeners know better than other gardeners.” – Chinese proverb
- “God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.” – Francis Bacon
- “A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” – Greek proverb
- “The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.” – Michael Pollan
- “It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Life begins the day you start a garden.” – Chinese proverb
- “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” -Audrey Hepburn
- “If you have a garden and a library you have everything you need.” -Marcus Tullius Cicero
Your plants will let you be born and die a thousand times and every time, will teach you a new lesson. Be it a moss, a flowering one, veggies, or even a mere small baby succulent, bring one home and it will never break your heart. Until next time, keep going and keep growing.