There is something humbling about the mountains. Maybe it’s their tall and grandiose appearance or the initial intimidation when you cast your eyes on it. But ultimately, the most humbling part is the sense of accomplishment that you get after climbing one. Mountains might be gigantic and scary looking but once you go closer to them, they welcome you with open arms and peace of mind. So here are some Mountain Quotes and Sayings that will give you the courage to conquer one and be conquered by one.
Mountains have the world to offer you, the feeling of achievement, appreciation for the journey and the chance to be outdoors. Apart from these, just one good hiking or trekking trip can help you build up both physically and mentally. Physically because of course, it is a vigorous physical activity to scale the slant landscapes, and mentally because as you overcome the obstacles step by step and at sometimes even life-threatening ones, you gain confidence and courage.
So no particular order, here’s a list of the best Mountain Quotes, Sayings, and Instagram Captions to hopefully inspire you to seize your days and lead a life of adventure. You will definitely love this collection if you are a mountain lover:
1. “It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” – William Arthur Ward
2. “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” – Michael Kennedy
3. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
4. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
6. “Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved.” – William Arthur Ward
7. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
8. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekananda
9. “Every man should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life.” – Werner Herzog
10. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
11. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
12. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake
13. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
14. “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion.” – Robert Macfarlane
15. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
16. “Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.” – Khalil Gibran
17. “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.”– Robert M. Pirsig
18. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
19. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.” – John Lubbock
20. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
21. “The farthest mountain is the one you think you can never reach and it may even be just by the side of you!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
22. “Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face.” – Idowu Koyenikan
23. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
24. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” – Lori Lansens
25. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
26. “If you need me, you can find me in the mountains” – Unknown
27. “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this” – Unknown
28. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
29. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” — Paulo Coelho
30. “The choices we make lead up to actual experiences. It is one thing to decide to climb a mountain. It is quite another to be on top of it.” – Herbert A. Simon
31. “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
32. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
33. “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top” – Unknown
34. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
35. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’ – Casey Neistat
36. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” – Nyki Mack
37. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
38. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” – Victoria Erikson
39. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” – Tyler Knott
40. “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.” – Janice Anderson
41. “When life gives you mountains put on your boots and hike.” – Unknown
42. “I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life.”- Mark Obmascik
43. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.”– Robert Green Ingersoll
44. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
45. “What a glorious greeting the sun gives the mountains” – John Muir
46. “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” – Angie Weiland-Crosby
47. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
Climbing Mountains Quotes
48. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
49. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” – John Mackey
50. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
51. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
52. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
53. “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” – Sam Cummings
54. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
55. “Highest of heights, I climb this mountain and feel one with the rock and grit and solitude echoing back at me.” – Bradley Chicho
56. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain – he is inspired by it.” – William Arthur Ward
57. “Our task, regarding creativity, is to help children climb their own mountains, as high as possible. No one can do more.” – Loris Malaguzzi
58. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
59. “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.” – Unknown
Short Mountain Quotes
62. “If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.” – Unknown
63. “A little more altitude, a little less attitude.” – Unknown
64. “Go wild, for a while” – Unknown
65. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
66. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Unknown
67. “Going to the mountains is like going home” – John Muir
68. “Coffee, Mountains, Adventure” – Unknown
69. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
70. “All good things are wild and free.” – Unknown
71. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
72. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”– Unknown
73. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
74. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
75. “Life is better in hiking boots.” – Unknown
76. “Go where you feel most alive.” – Unknown
77. “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
78. “How wild it was to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
79. “Hike more. Worry Less.”– Unknown
80. The mountains are my happy place.
81. Find joy in the journey.
82. Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
83. On top of the mountains.
84. Adventure Awaits.
85. Climbing my way to bigger and better things.
86. Sometimes you just need to change your altitude.
87. Made for the mountains.
88. She will move mountains.
89. If it involves mountains, breakfast food, coffee, or campfires, I’m in.
90. It’s not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
91. Go where you feel most alive.
92. Live begins at the end of your comfort zone.
93. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
94. The sky above earth below, peach within.
95. You are not in the mountains, the mountains are in you.
96. Faith can move mountains.
97. Go wild, for a while.
98. Fresh air, don’t care.
99. The mountains are calling and I must go.
The people who fall in love with the mountains are probably the coolest-headed people ever. The humbleness and the quietness of the enormous mountains teach them patience and peace. They let go off of hatred easily and they welcome love more readily. Their unknown co-trekkers and co-hikers help them to accept diversity and help them to let the unpredictable sense of friendship and care bloom.
We hope you like these collections of Mountain Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
More Related Quotes: