In this post, we are here to share with you the most inspiring Mahatma Gandhi Quotes.
Mahatma Gandhi, who showed the whole world the path of truth and non-violence, devoted his life to liberating the country from the shackles of slavery. In addition to creating patriotism among the people, he also attacked social evils like racial and caste discrimination.
He always said that the path of any kind of protest cannot be violent. Violence can never replace the power of non-violence. Due to these ideas, his fame spread throughout the world. Mahatma Gandhi’s quotes were on freedom and religion is very famous.
Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869 at a place called Porbandar in Gujarat. His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. His father’s name was Karamchand Gandhi. Mohandas’s mother’s name was Putlibai, who was the fourth wife of Karamchand Gandhi.
Mahatma Gandhi is considered the leader and ‘Father of the Nation’ of the Indian National Movement against British rule.
He was a prominent political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement. He was the pioneer leader of retaliation against tyranny through satyagraha (widespread civil disobedience).
The foundation of this concept was laid on the principle of total non-violence which gave freedom to India and for the movement of civil rights and freedom of the people all over the world.
Once the famous scientist Albert Einstein was said about Mahatma Gandhi, “Thousands of years later, the breeds will hardly believe that any such person made of bone and meat had ever come to earth.”
Mahatma Gandhi is not just a name on the world stage but a symbol of peace and non-violence. The rich Mahatma Gandhi of such a great personality was shot dead on January 30, 1948, at Birla Bhavan in New Delhi by Nathuram Godse.
By adopting Mahatma Gandhi Quotes, we too can walk on the path of truth and non-violence and change our lives. Let’s know, what are the precious Mahatma Gandhi Quotes from which we get inspiration.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- “It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Common sense is the realized sense of proportion.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Ahimsa is the highest duty. Even if we cannot practice it in full, we must try to understand its spirit and refrain as far as is humanly possible from violence.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Service without humility is selfishness and egotism.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Speak only if it improves upon the silence.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance, and appreciation.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be the change you are trying to create.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “There are two days in the year that we can not do anything, yesterday and tomorrow.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Those who know how to think need no teachers.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The real ornament of a woman is her character, her purity.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Man should forget his anger before he goes to sleep.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Do not judge others. Be your own judge and you will be truly happy. If you try to judge others, you are likely to burn your fingers.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you want to change the world, start with yourself.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “No man loses his freedom except through his own weakness.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “My faith is brightest in the midst of impenetrable darkness.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The law of love could be best understood and learned through little children.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Truth without humility would be an arrogant caricature.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “When there is war, the poet lays down the lyre, the lawyer his law reports, the schoolboy his books.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The real love is to love those that hate you, to love your neighbor even though you distrust him.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “My life is my message.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “What barrier is there that love cannot break?” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “In doing something, do it with love or never do it at all.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A ‘No’ uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “To lose patience is to lose the battle.” ─ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being.”
- “The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane.”
Most Famous Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong.
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
- The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.
- Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
- There is more to life than increasing its speed.
- Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
- Where there is love there is life.
- Live simply so that others may simply live.
- Take care of this moment.
Short Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- Truth is one, paths are many.
- Self-respect knows no considerations.
- Action expresses priorities.
- Commonsense is the realized sense of proportion.
- The future depends on what you do today.
- Doubt is invariably the result of want or weakness of faith.
- God has no religion.
- True beauty consists of purity of heart.
- Find purpose. The means will follow.
- There is no ‘way to peace, there is only ‘peace.
- Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.
- Imitation is the sincerest flattery.
- Fear has its use but cowardice has none.
- Peace is its own reward.
- An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- Full effort is full victory.
We hope you like these collections of Mahatma Gandhi Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Please Do Follow Us: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Youtube
You May Also Like
- Inspirational Subhas Chandra Bose Quotes
- Remembering Great Revolutionary and Freedom Fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad Quotes
Hey there, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine
but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, great blog!
Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!…
Keep on writing, great job!
It’s hard to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you sound like you
know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Very quickly this website will be famous among all blog users, due to it’s good posts
Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog.
It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance”
between superb usability and visual appeal.
I must say you have done a awesome job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Firefox.
Popüler Kitaplar Kitap En Çok Satanlar Listesi
Fabulous, what a weblog it is! This web site provides useful information to us, keep it up.
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted
at this website is actually good.