Loneliness quotes: Loneliness is something that we all experience in our lives; some more than others.
For the most part, feeling lonely is seen as a negative experience. There is much pain in feeling disconnected from the world around you.
Whilst not wishing to downplay this pain, this article will seek to extol some of the virtues of loneliness.
Many wise minds have understood the power and beauty to be discovered in being utterly alone with oneself.
Check out our Loneliness Quotes and sayings on being alone. If you’re feeling lonely and need some inspiration to become stronger or want to re-think everything – our list might be helpful.
Loneliness quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone
- “It is better to be lonely than allow people who are not going anywhere keep you from your destiny.” – Joel Osteen
- “Loneliness is an emotion and being alone can be a choice.”
- “Loneliness is sad, aloneness is blissful.” – Osho
- “You keep a lot to yourself because it’s difficult to find people who understand.”
- “Never fuck with someone who is not afraid to be alone. You will lose every single time.”
- “To be alone is to be different and to be different is to be alone.”
- “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” – Guillermo Maldonado
- “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
- “There are worse things than feeling alone. Things like being with someone and still feeling alone.”- M.W Poetry
- “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.” – Anonymous
- “When everything is lonely I can be my best friend.” – Conor Oberst
- “Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that’s where you renew your springs that never dry up.” —Pearl Buck
- “Sometimes you have to stand alone. Just to make sure you still can.” – Anonymous
- “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” —Henry Rollins
- “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” —Maya Angelou
- “Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.” —Thomas Wolfe
[su_posts template=”templates/teaser-loop.php” posts_per_page=”2″ tax_term=”4″ tax_operator=”NOT IN” order=”desc” orderby=”modified”]
Loneliness Quotes Images
- “Forget or politics or religion, loneliness is the subject that clears out a room.” —Douglas Coupland
- Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone. – Paul Tillich
- Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. – Anne Hathaway
- “Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” ― Jodi Picoult
- “Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” ― Douglas Coupland
- Loneliness is such an omnipotent and painful threat to many persons that they have little conception of the positive values of solitude and even, at times, are frightened at the prospect of being alone. – Rollo May
- “Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?” ―Haruki Murakami
- “Being alone never felt right. Sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right.” ―Charles Bukowski
- “All great and precious things are lonely.” ―John Steinbeck
- “I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes, and felt it in others-young clerks in the dusk, wasting the most poignant moments of night and life.” ―F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
[su_posts template=”templates/teaser-loop.php” posts_per_page=”2″ tax_term=”4″ tax_operator=”NOT IN” order=”desc” orderby=”rand”]
Feeling Lonely Quotes
- “I’m lonely. And I’m lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.” —Augusten Burroughs
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” ―Charles M. Schulz
- “I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don’t know why, some people fill the gaps and others emphasize my loneliness.” ―Anaïs Nin
- “I’m so scared of dying without ever being really seen. Can you understand?” —David Foster Wallace
- “He says he’s lonely, horribly lonely because of this love he feels for her. She says she’s lonely too. She doesn’t say why.” ― Marguerite Duras
- “How lonely it is here, and how well it suits you.” —Franz Kafka
- “You want to ask, am I lonely? Well, of course, lonely as a woman driving across country day after day, leaving behind mile after mile little towns she might have stopped and lived and died in. —Adrienne Rich
Lonely Quotes in English
- I was very often full of rage and despair. I was always lonely. In spite of all that I was and am in love with life. —Jeanette Winterson
- “It’s strange. I felt less lonely when I didn’t know you.” —Jean-Paul Sartre
- “What loneliness is more lonely than distrust?” —George Eliot
- “I see myself forever and ever as the ridiculous man, the lonely soul, the wanderer, the restless frustrated artist, the man in love with love, always in search of the absolute, always seeking the unattainable.” —Henry Miller
- “Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself; know what you want.” —Janet Fitch
- “We’re all lonely for something we don’t know we’re lonely for. How else to explain the curious feeling that goes around feeling like missing somebody we’ve never even met?” —David Foster Wallace
- “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” ―Lois Lowry
I hope you like these collections of Loneliness Quotes Also, Sharing is Caring. If you’ve found Yourfates useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
[su_posts template=”templates/teaser-loop.php” id=”1440″ posts_per_page=”1″ tax_operator=”NOT IN” order=”desc” orderby=”none”]
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading!