If you are searching for a collection of Letting Go Quotes then you are on the best website on the internet. Stay Calm and read our Collection.
Letting go can be one of the most difficult things you can do in your life. That is why I made this collection of quotes about letting go and moving on. It is here to show how many other people, even those famous and powerful, have had a tough time letting go in their lives.
Letting go is tough. Letting go of the past can be even harder, but it can often be the best thing to do in any situation. Holding on to old ways, self-absorbed people, past ideas, or bad habits only causes pain and more of the same. Letting go can suck, but you also open yourself up to possibilities of the future.
Here are the best letting go quotes. Keep in mind that letting go doesn’t mean you’re passive. It means you’re taking a different direction.
Letting Go Quotes
- “Things are as they are—we suffer because we imagined different.”– Rachel Wolchin
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”– Herman Hesse
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”– Steve Maraboli
“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on.
Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
– Steve Maraboli
- “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.”– Roy T. Bennett
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.”– Eckhart Tolle
- “Sometimes people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.”– Unknown
- “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.”– Amit Ray
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.”– Shannon L. Alder
“One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.”
– Brigitte Nicole
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”– Daphne Rose Kingma
- “One of the simplest ways to stay happy is letting go of the things that make you sad.”– Unknown
- “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.”– Erich Fromm
- “We need to learn to let go as easily as we grasp and we will find our hands full and our minds empty.”– Leo F. Buscaglia
- “I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.”– Turcois Ominek
“I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.”
– Fridtjof Nansen
- “The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go.”– Shannon L. Alder
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”– Guy Finley
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”– Raymond Lindquist
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
- “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”
– Steve Maraboli
- “One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” –
- “The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.” –
- “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” –
- “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is, therefore, the means for correcting our misperceptions.” –
Letting go quotes about relationships
- “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.” – Beyonce Knowles
- If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.” ― Sarah Dessen, Dreamland
“I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.”
― Jeffrey McDaniel
- “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven from misery, to make living fucking worthwhile.” ― Mia Asher
- “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” ― FaraazKazi
Best Quotes On Letting Go Of Your Past
- If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down. –Amit Ray
- Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you. –Shannon L. Alder
- In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. –Deepak Chopra
Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. –Tao Te Ching
- We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. –Walt Disney
- A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath. –Anthony Liccione
- Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. –Daphne Rose Kingma
- To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit. –Jack Kornfield
- Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past. –Dan Brown
You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.
–Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer. –Denis Waitley
- Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. –Victor Kiam
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. -Henry Ford
- Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over. –Nicole Sobon
- You can only lose what you cling to. –Buddha
Letting Go Quotes and Moving on to Better Things
- “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.”– H. Havelock Ellis
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.”– Steve Maraboli
- Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger.”– Sara Evans
“It is mental slavery to cling to things that have stopped serving its purpose in your life.”
– Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”– Steve Maraboli
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”– Ann Lander
- “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die, and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.”– Bryant McGill
- “Your past does not equal your future.”– Anthony Robbins
Letting Go & Moving On Quotes
A lot of the problems people have come from unresolved pain and struggles. As more and more people hold on to grudges, hurts, and baggage from the past, we continue to create horribly abusive relationships. There’s nothing worse than judging others around you by the things that happened to you in your past.
- It’s time to let go when they stop looking at you, they stop seeing you and you just know they stopped caring.
- Don’t linger when you need to run.
- A breakup is not the end of the road, and the only way to heal from this is to let go of all those memories that keep your cheeks wet with tears.
It’s good to fight to keep them around because of the time and the love you shared but there’s a lot more loving in letting people go.
- The past is all that has kept you tied to unfulfilled promises and desires, so you might need to find new desires for the old ones to fade.
- The best way to know how strong you have become after losing the best thing in your life is to see how well you are letting go of all the hurt and the pain.
- Not all things are meant to last forever and you always have known this so handle these moments gracefully by letting go without a struggle or drama.
- There’s no work in living in pain and regrets which you inflict on yourself. The real work is in choosing to move on, to say goodbye to the memories and letting go.
- Living in fear would keep you stuck, thinking the past could have been better and blinding you to the beautiful future ahead of you.
Ignite yourself, remain in motion and refuse to stay static or locked down in the past. Letting go always fuels motion and progress.
- No one is stronger than heartbreaks.
- This pain will remain until you finally allow yourself to let them go.
- You never expected the future to suddenly take on such a sad look so don’t be in a hurry to let go of all that seems familiar.
- Like the wind, you cannot hold on to memories because they’ll slip through your fingers. Just let go.
- Dreams are the first to fade, as you begin to let go of all you shared. They will become a memory of a future you wished you had but there’s a new future lying just ahead.
- The beginning of your healing comes when you let out all the bitterness and pain when you choose your peace over everything else and let them go.
Also, Read –
I hope you like these collections of Letting Go Quotes Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly more updates.