Labour Day (Labor Day in the United States) is an annual holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers. Labor Day has its origins in the Labor union movement, specifically the eight-hour day movement, which advocated eight hours for work, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest. In this post, we are sharing some inspirational labor day quotes.
For most countries, Labor Day is synonymous with or linked with, International Workers’ Day, which occurs on 1 May. For other countries, Labor Day is celebrated on a different date, often one with special significance for the Labor movement in that country. Labor Day is a public holiday in many countries.
These Labor Day Quotes aim to honor and celebrate the hardest working people in the world. Labor Day is an excellent reason to congratulate your colleagues and subordinates. We have collected very well Labor Day Quotes for you all which will inspire and encourage you for hard work!
─ Happy Labor Day ─
Labor Day Quotes Inspirational
These are the best labor quotes –
- Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness.
- Genius is 1% Inspiration and 99% Perspiration.
- One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- All wealth is the product of labor.
- He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor.
- Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them. — Joseph Joubert
- He who works with his hands is a laborer, He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
- Your satisfaction at work lies within you. If you love your job and love what you are doing, then there you will find your peace. Do not tell yourself to love what you hate; it will only leave you unhappy.
- The chance you’ll be successful is high if all your men are following your rules. Start from teaching them the basics, and everything will follow. Disciplined workers are great ones.
- I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from work.
- “No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depends on the labors of other men, living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”- Confucius
- “Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness.” – Greek Proverb
- “I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from work.” – Louis C.K.
- “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers.” – H.M. Tomlinson
- “A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Before the reward, there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.” – Ralph Ransom
- “The supreme accomplishment is to blur the lines between work and play.” – Arnold J. Toynbee
Labor Day Greetings
- “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?”— Michelle Obama
- “Labor Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation.” – Samuel Gompers
- “There is no substitute for hard work.”— Thomas A. Edison
- “When you put a lot of hard work into one goal and you achieve it, that’s a really good feeling.”— Derek Jeter
- “Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.”— Maya Angelou
- Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.– Booker T. Washington
- To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth. -Pearl S. Buck
- Concentrate on your job and you will forget your other troubles.– William Feather
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. –Vince Lombardi
- “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
- “Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.” – Tim Fargo
- “It doesn’t matter how great your shoes are if you don’t accomplish anything in them.” – Martina Boone
- “Though you can love what you do not master, you cannot master what you do not love.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Work isn’t to make money; you work to justify life.” – Marc Chagall
- “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.”― Jim Henson
- “Our labor preserves us from three great evils — weariness, vice, and want.”― Voltaire
- “Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.” – Madeleine L’Engle
Happy Labor Day Images
- “All happiness depends on courage and work.”― Honoré de Balzac
- “Employment is nature’s physician, and is essential to human happiness.” – Galen
- “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”― Douglas Adams
- “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.”― Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another.” – Anatole France
- “I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”― Jerome K. Jerome
- “Without labor, nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labor and there is an invisible labor.”― Victor Hugo
- “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”― Jimmy Johnson
- “We often miss opportunity because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work”― Thomas A. Edison
- “Make your work to be in keeping with your purpose”― Leonardo da Vinci
- Thank you to everyone who continues to make their mark, work hard, make sacrifices, and contribute to society!
- Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work.
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
- Hard work is rewarding beyond gold. Sweating is living.
- To the new hero of the world, thank you. We will never forget what you have contributed to the country and to the workplace you specifically worked with. Our appreciation belongs to you because you all deserve it. Happy Labor Day!
- We would never reach this peak of our success if it is not because of all your hard works. Your workforce is important to us and I think it is a good idea to celebrate it. We really appreciate you all. Happy Labor Day.
- Passionate workers don’t care about working beyond office hours. What is important to them is to finish everything and a job well done. This day is for all who work hard for the benefit of each and every one. Happy Labor Day!
- Those who are willing to work usually are the ones who became successful. Remember, no one reaches the top while doing nothing. Happy Labor Day to all who deserve it.
- Men that live without labor live in solitary and with no dignity and true independence. Happy Labor Day!
- A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work. Happy Labor Day!
Also, Read –
I hope you like these collections of Labor Day Quotes Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly more updates.