Who is not aware of the basketball skills of NBA player – Kobe Bryant? Let’s look into the famous quotes he has spoken to know more about his character and personality. We have brought you this amazing collection of Kobe Bryant Quotes on life, success, and hard work that will motivate you to go an extra mile for your goals.
Kobe Bryant was born on 23 August 1978 in Philadelphia. He has taken the love for basketball from his family. His father and grandfather were professional basketball players.
Kobe started playing basketball when he was just 3 years old. His grandfather used to teach him new shots of basketball every now and then. He has spent his initial eight years in Italy where people were more fond of football than basketball. But Bryant was very clear with his goal that he has to become the world’s best basketball player. He used to practice day and night.
In the United States, Kobe played basketball at High School and received several awards for basketball. After graduating from high school, Kobe didn’t opt for further studies while he was selected by the NBA. It was the first time that the NBA has selected a player of such a young age of 17.
He became the youngest star of the NBA. Kobe Bryant won 5 NBA Championships – 3 in 2000-02 and 2 in 2009-10. In the 2007-08 NBA season, Kobe won the Most Valuable Player Award (MVP).
Bryant was also into writing. In 2015, He wrote a poem `Dear Basketball’ which became the base of a short film of the same name narrated by Kobe Bryant. This short film of not more than 5 minutes won the Academy Award for being the best animated short film.
Kobe Bryant has also written several books. The Mamba Mentality was one of the bestsellers in which he stated his approach toward basketball.
Kobe has told the meaning of the sports spirit to the world and has inspired many youngsters towards sports.
In 2020, unfortunately, Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash as they were heading to the Sports Academy in Thousand Oaks for a youth basketball tournament.
Here’s one for one of the greatest NBA Players of all time.
Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I’m extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. It’s not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant
- “If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you” – Kobe Bryant
- “I saw you come in and I wanted you to know that it doesn’t matter how hard you work, that I’m willing to work harder than you.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I love that kids are building confidence on and off the court and unlocking their potential through sport.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Either way, I refuse to change what I am. A lion has to eat. Run with me or run from me.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Leadership is lonely. I’m not going to be afraid of confrontation to get us to where we need to go.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
- “This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Losing is losing. There aren’t different degrees of losing. You either win a championship or you’re s**t. It’s very black and white to me.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
- “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
- “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win”. – Kobe Bryant
- “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “We can always kind of be average and do what’s normal. I’m not in this to do what’s normal.” – Kobe Bryant
- “There’s certain players that I’ve made cry. If I can make you cry by being sarcastic, then I really don’t want to play with you in the playoffs.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The examples are endless but my philosophy is simple. Once I knew my seed, I was able to discover my muse and my purpose for being was crystal clear.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The important thing is that your teammates have to know you’re pulling for them and you really want them to be successful.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury- unless it’s completely debilitating- I will be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’ll make some tweaks, some changes, but I’m still coming.” – Kobe Bryant
- “From the beginning, I wanted to be the best. I had a constant craving, a yearning, to improve and be the best.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Use your success, wealth, and influence to put them in the best position to realize their own dreams and find their true purpose.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The beauty in being blessed with talent is rising above doubters to create a beautiful moment.” – Kobe Bryant
- “When you make a choice and say, ‘Come hell or high water, I am going to be this,’ then you should not be surprised when you are that. It should not be something that is intoxicating or out of character because you have seen this moment for so long that … when that moment comes, of course, it is here because it has been here the whole time because it has been [in your mind] the whole time.” – Kobe Bryant
- “It’s hard for me to grasp the concept of somebody being nervous when I’m talking to them.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I don’t want chumps, I don’t want pushovers, and if you’re a chump and a pushover, I will run over you.” – Kobe Bryant
- “There’s no need to get too crazy or bent out of shape. There are still challenges every day. But I’m still having fun. I was born to play this game. I still love it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Pain doesn’t tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue you will change.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Trust me, setting things up right from the beginning will avoid a ton of tears and heartache.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I create my own path. It was straight and narrow. I looked at it this way: you were either in my way or out of it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “I want to learn how to become the best basketball player in the world. And if I’m going to learn that, I gotta learn from the best. Kids go to school to be doctors or lawyers, so forth and so on and that’s where they study. My place to study is from the best.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The beauty of coaching is growing the players from the ground up. That journey continues.” – Kobe Bryant
- “A lot of leaders fail because they don’t have the bravery to touch that nerve or strike that chord.” – Kobe Bryant
- “People say bad things about you in the paper on Monday, and then on Wednesday, you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. I’ve seen that cycle, so why would I be nervous about it happening?” – Kobe Bryant
- “Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones. They hate the great ones.” – Kobe Bryant
- “It’s the one thing you can control. You are responsible for how people remember you—or don’t. So don’t take it lightly.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” – Kobe Bryant
- “There’s nothing truly to be afraid of, when you think about it, because I’ve failed before, and I woke up the next morning, and I’m OK.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Dedication makes dreams come true.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Winning takes precedence overall. There’s no gray area. No almost.” – Kobe Bryant
- “A lot of people say they want to be great, but they’re not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve greatness.” – Kobe Bryant
- “We psych ourselves up too much. Like if you try to talk yourself into, ‘Oh, this is a big moment, this is a big shot,’ you’re putting a lot of pressure on yourself. You shot that shot hundreds and thousands of times. Just shoot another one.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real.” – Kobe Bryant
- “May you always remember to enjoy the road, especially when it’s a hard one.” – Kobe Bryant
Kobe has set an example through his precious life that nothing is impossible if you are willing to put efforts for your goals. He has earned this name in basketball by doing harder than others. He always went the extra mile to achieve his goals.
Kobe Bryant will always be in the hearts of all of us, he will always be remembered. Share your favorite Kobe Bryant Quotes in the comment box below also please share these quotes with your friends and family.
More Related Quotes
We hope you have enjoyed these Kobe Bryant quotes and get inspired. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.