Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and Motivational Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes, Jawaharlal Nehru sayings collected over the years from a variety of sources.
Jawaharlal Nehru is popularly known for being the first Prime Minister of India. He was born in British India on 14 November 1889 in Prayagraj.
Nehru Ji emerged as the leader of the Indian independence movement under the tutelage of Mahatma Gandhi and ruled India from its establishment as an independent nation in 1947 until his death in 1964.
Jawaharlal Nehru was also known as Pandit Nehru due to his roots with the Kashmiri Pandit community while many children knew him as Chacha Nehru.
He had immense love, care, and affection for children and so, they call him Chacha Nehru. Children’s Day is celebrated on 14 November in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
Let us have a look at Children’s Day and its celebrations.
Who Was Jawaharlal Nehru?
Jawaharlal Nehru joined the Indian National Congress and joined Indian Nationalist leader Mahatma Gandhi’s independence movement. In 1947, Pakistan was created as a new, independent country for Muslims. The British withdrew and Nehru became independent India’s first prime minister.
Nehru was one of the first leaders to demand that the Congress Party should resolve to make a complete and explicit break from all ties with the British Empire. His resolution for independence was approved at the Madras session of Congress in 1927 despite Gandhi’s criticism.
Here are the Best Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes
- “A leader or a man of action in a crisis almost always acts subconsciously and then thinks of the reasons for his action.”
- “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage”
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
- “Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.”
- “Evil unchecked grows, evil tolerated poisons the whole system.”
- “Citizenship consists in the service of the country”
- “The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits quietly”
- “Every little thing counts in a crisis”
- “Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.”
- “Those who are prepared to die for any cause are seldom defeated.”
- “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
- “The light has gone out of our lives and there is darkness everywhere”
- “India cannot sit on the fence anymore. It may have to make a choice. Either way it is going face problems,”
- “A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new; when an age ends; and when the soul of a nation long suppressed finds utterance.”
- “Democracy is good. I say this because other systems are worse.”
- “To be in good moral condition requires at least as much training as to be in good physical condition.”
- “Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.”
- “The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.”
- “Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.”
- “There is perhaps nothing so bad and so dangerous in life as fear.”
- “The man who has gotten everything he wants is all in favor of peace and order.”
- “The only alternative to coexistence is codestruction.”
- “Action to be effective must be directed to clearly conceived ends.”
- “Ignorance is always afraid of change.”
- “The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.”
- “Crises and deadlocks when they occur have at least this advantage, that they force us to think.”
- “Let us be a little humble; let us think that the truth may not perhaps be entirely with us.”
- “Our chief defect is that we are more given to talking about things than to doing them.”
- “Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.”
- “The art of a people is a true mirror to their minds.”
- “The purely agitational attitude is not good enough for a detailed consideration of a subject.”
- “Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.”
- “The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits quietly.”
- “It is only too easy to make suggestions and later try to escape the consequences of what we say.”
- “Every little thing counts in a crisis.”
- “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage.”
- “You don’t change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits to the wall.”
- “What we need is a generation of peace.”
- “Action itself, so long as I am convinced that it is right action, gives me satisfaction.”
- “A theory must be tempered with reality.”
- “It is the habit of every aggressor nation to claim that it is acting on the defensive.”
- “What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.”
- “Citizenship consists in the service of the country.”
- “The person who talks most of his own virtue is often the least virtuous.”
- “Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.”
- “Great causes and little men go ill together.”
Jawaharlal Nehru was born in Prayagraj, the son of a lawyer whose family was originally from Kashmir. He was educated in England, at Harrow School, and then at Trinity College, Cambridge, and studied law at the Inner Temple in London. He returned to India in 1912 and practised law for some years. In 1916, he married Kamala Kaul, and the following year they had a daughter, Indira. He was an Indian statesman who was the first and is to date the longest-serving, prime minister of India.
We hope you find the best Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes on our website. Do not forget to share it with your friends and family.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly for more updates.