Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and Motivational Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
Jawaharlal Nehru is popularly known for being the first Prime Minister of India. He was born in British India on 14 November 1889 in Prayagraj.
Nehru Ji emerged as the leader of the Indian independence movement under the tutelage of Mahatma Gandhi and ruled India from its establishment as an independent nation in 1947 until his death in 1964.
Jawaharlal Nehru was also known as Pandit Nehru due to his roots with the Kashmiri Pandit community while many children knew him as Chacha Nehru.
He had immense love, care, and affection for children and so, they call him Chacha Nehru. Children’s Day is celebrated on 14 November in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
Let us have a look at Children’s Day and its celebrations.
Who Was Jawaharlal Nehru?
Jawaharlal Nehru joined the Indian National Congress and joined Indian Nationalist leader Mahatma Gandhi’s independence movement. In 1947, Pakistan was created as a new, independent country for Muslims. The British withdrew and Nehru became independent India’s first prime minister.
Nehru was one of the first leaders to demand that the Congress Party should resolve to make a complete and explicit break from all ties with the British Empire. His resolution for independence was approved at the Madras session of Congress in 1927 despite Gandhi’s criticism.
Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes
1. “A leader or a man of action in a crisis almost always acts subconsciously and then thinks of the reasons for his action.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
2. “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage” – Jawaharlal Nehru
3. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
4. “Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
5. “Evil unchecked grows, evil tolerated poisons the whole system.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
6. “Citizenship consists in the service of the country” – Jawaharlal Nehru
7. “The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits quietly” – Jawaharlal Nehru
8. “Every little thing counts in a crisis” – Jawaharlal Nehru
9. “Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
10. “Those who are prepared to die for any cause are seldom defeated.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
11. “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
12. “The light has gone out of our lives and there is darkness everywhere” – Jawaharlal Nehru
13. “India cannot sit on the fence anymore. It may have to make a choice. Either way it is going face problems,” – Jawaharlal Nehru
14. “A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new; when an age ends; and when the soul of a nation long suppressed finds utterance.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
15. “Democracy is good. I say this because other systems are worse.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
16. “To be in good moral condition requires at least as much training as to be in good physical condition.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
17. “Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
18. “The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
19. “Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
20. “There is perhaps nothing so bad and so dangerous in life as fear.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
21. “The man who has gotten everything he wants is all in favor of peace and order.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
22. “The only alternative to coexistence is co-destruction.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
23. “Action to be effective must be directed to clearly conceived ends.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
24. “Ignorance is always afraid of change.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
25. “The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
26. “Crises and deadlocks when they occur have at least this advantage, that they force us to think.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
27. “Let us be a little humble; let us think that the truth may not perhaps be entirely with us.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
28. “Our chief defect is that we are more given to talking about things than to doing them.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
29. “Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
30. “The art of a people is a true mirror to their minds.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
31. “The purely agitational attitude is not good enough for a detailed consideration of a subject.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
32. “Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
33. “The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits quietly.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
34. “It is only too easy to make suggestions and later try to escape the consequences of what we say.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
35. “Every little thing counts in a crisis.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
36. “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
37. “You don’t change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits to the wall.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
38. “What we need is a generation of peace.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
39. “Action itself, so long as I am convinced that it is right action, gives me satisfaction.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
40. “A theory must be tempered with reality.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
41. “It is the habit of every aggressor nation to claim that it is acting on the defensive.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
42. “What we really are matters more than what other people think of us.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
43. “Citizenship consists in the service of the country.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
44. “The person who talks most of his own virtue is often the least virtuous.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
45. “Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
46. “Great causes and little men go ill together.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
Jawaharlal Nehru was born in Prayagraj, the son of a lawyer whose family was originally from Kashmir. He was educated in England, at Harrow School, and then at Trinity College, Cambridge, and studied law at the Inner Temple in London. He returned to India in 1912 and practised law for some years. In 1916, he married Kamala Kaul, and the following year they had a daughter, Indira. He was an Indian statesman who was the first and is to date the longest-serving, prime minister of India.
More Related Quotes:
- Inspiring Mahatma Gandhi Quotes of All Time
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Quotes From His Jail Notebook
- Steve Jobs Quotes To Inspire Your Life
- Hopeful and Powerful Anne Frank Quotes And Sayings
- JK Rowling Quotes Which Will Motivate You All Your Life
We hope you like these collections of Jawaharlal Nehru Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Please Do Follow Us: