In this article, we are a guide to how to say sorry and share some useful I’m sorry quotes for Apologise messages.
“An honest sorry can restore broken trust”.
On the incredible journey and evolution of the word sorry from “forgive me” to “I apologise” and now to “pardon me”, we have come across the power that these phrases hold. The word sorry makes it to the list of “words of kindness/words of manners” that people teach their toddlers and kids. The list goes as-thank you, please, sorry, may I, excuse me, etc.
And there is a reason why accepting mistakes and apologizing for them should be taught from a young age. The reason is, the word is as powerful as it is kind. As humans, we tend to make mistakes,no one who has ever lived on the surface of the earth is immune to making mistakes. But what if the mistakes start jeopardizing our relationships, personal or professional? This is when being sorry, taking responsibility for the mistake and promising to never repeat the same comes in handy.
Saying sorry might not right away restore the damage done right away, but it will surely put a bandage on the wound, help it in healing and save it from further pain. It also shows the compassionate, empathetic, and understanding side of your personality.
So here we are bringing to you the best collection of Sorry quotes or Apology Quotes to help you say it with ease:
I’m Sorry Quotes
1. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
2. “Never make a defense or an apology until you are accused.” – King Charles
3. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
4. “Saying sorry doesn’t mean you have to do the same wrong thing again!”
5. I said “I love you” and I meant it. But I hurt you, now “I’m sorry” and I mean it.
6. “I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.”
7. “Never try to dominate the one who says sorry to you for their mistake because they understand, you are more important than their ego.”
8. “My life is an apology for the life of my father.” – Kristin Cashore
9. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R.Tolkien
10. “‘I’m sorry you’re angry’ is NOT an apology.” – Lisa Lutz
11. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough
12. “Never apologize for showing your feelings. When you do, you are apologizing for the truth.” – Jose N. Harris
13. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family – I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
14. “I believe that things should be let go once they are discussed. Apology accepted. End of story.” – Brad Goreski
15. “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer
16. “The art of a sincere and heartfelt apology is one of the greatest skills you will ever learn.” – Jeanette LeBlanc
17. “A genuine apology is like an eleventh-hour rain on a dusty crop. Grossly overdue, but miraculously just in time.” – Jacqueline A. Bussie
18. “Friends are God’s apology for relations.” – Hugh Kingsmill
19. “A hero is someone we can admire without apology.” – Kitty Kelley
20. “An apology given just to appease one’s conscience is self-serving and better left unspoken!” – Evinda Lepins
21. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.” – Greg LeMond
22. “When anger and bitterness overpower your goodness, you can neither apologize nor forgive.” – Balroop Singh
23. “A person can apologize endlessly, and even if you forgive them, sometimes you can’t forget the pain they’ve caused you.” – Nishan Panwar
24. “Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.” – Suman Rai
25. “You can make up a quarrel, but it will always show where it was patched.” – Edgar Watson Howe
26. “Apologizing does not always mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.”
27. “Sorry if I often say sorry, it’s because I don’t know how to explain how sincere am I. The only word I can say is sorry. I guess it explains all.”
28. “I’m sorry I’m so difficult.”
29. “If he was half as sorry as he always claimed, he would have half as many occasions to claim it.” – Alan Robert Neal
30. “I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry and accept an apology I never received.”
31. “Is it too late now to say sorry? ” – Justin Bieber
32. “True friends stab you in the front.” -Oscar Wilde
33. “I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.” –Robin Williams
34. “The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” – Henry Boye
35. “Never apologize, mister, it’s a sign of weakness.” – John Wayne
36. “My husband doesn’t apologize. Even to Me” – Claire Underwood
37. “I am determined to offer an apology with my death.” – Hideki Tojo
38. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young
39. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit same mistake again they just apologized for.” – Amit Kalantri
40. “Apologizing does not always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.” – Mark Matthews
41. “Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.” – Jim Rohn
42. “The ability of a person to atone has always been the most remarkable of human features.” – Leon Uris
43. “Pride and ego makes a mockery of an apology. Humility wins forgiveness without question…so break ‘yo’self’!” – T. F. Hodge
44. “A stiff apology is a second insult…. The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.” – G. K. Chesterton
45. “Love forgives and keeps no records of wrongs.” -Lailah Gifty Akita
46. “Accept everything about yourself – I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end – no apologies, no regrets.” – Henry Kissinger
47. “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” – Red Auerbach
48. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Robert Brault
Sorry Quotes for Her (Girlfriend)
49. “Darling, please feel free to take as much time as you need to heal. I will be here waiting as long as it takes for your forgiveness. Even if it’s until the end of time. That’s how much I love you.”
50. “I betrayed your trust and created my life’s biggest disaster. But now I realize that your love in my life is all that matters. I am sorry.”
51. “How do I say the words, ‘I’m sorry’ when I know that words are not enough? And how can I ask you to forgive me when I know I can’t forgive myself?”
52. “I’m sorry baby for all the wrongs I did, I know you still love me and I still love you, we can work things out I know it, I will try harder, and I know if we both want it, we can get through this! We just need to stay strong…”
53. “I never meant to hurt you, I mean that. I never meant to make you doubt me. You are my everything, I can only hope you will accept this apology and come back to me soon. I love you too much to lose you… I hope you know that.”
54. “My heart will rot in guilt because I will never forgive myself for what I did… but it will still continue beating to seek solace in your forgiveness. I’m sorry my love.”
55. “I want us to be together again, that is why I am sending you this apology message. I am very sorry for what happened. Hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I love you and I’ll always will.”
56. “I felt ashamed for what I had done, I don’t have any excuses, I did what I did, I take full responsibility for myself and my actions, I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody, I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson
Sorry Quotes for Him (Boyfriend)
57. “A long time ago, you told me that you would do anything for me and even die for me if it came down to it. All that I need to ask from you to do is a chance to be heard out. I made a mistake. Don’t die for me or do anything, just let me apologize this once.”
58. “Would you please forgive me and kiss me and love me and show me that you still care for me?”
59. “Take me back in your arms, hold me close tightly. Feel my heavy breath, as I tender my apology. Hold my hands, nervous and sweaty. Look into my eyes as I say sorry. Give me a hug, give me a kiss. Let’s again embrace, our love’s bliss.”
60. “I could just do the easy thing and say that something like this will never happen again. But knowing myself, and knowing that it’s just natural for people to make mistakes. I know that it will be a lie. But the willingness to accept another person’s flaws and imperfections is what makes a relationship perfect. Please forgive me. I love you my boyfriend.”
61. “Forgiveness is just a part of being in a relationship. Although my goal is to limit the number of times that I must seek your forgiveness, it cannot always be helped. Please accept this apology and let’s put these pain-filled days behind us.”
62. “Sometimes, life twists things in a way where selfless and beautiful souls like you end up with stupid people like me. I am terribly sorry for everything I’ve done, and everything I will do if you take me back, I want you to know how much I miss you and how much you mean to me, I am sorry.”
63. “Breaking up with you is something that I never imagined even in my wildest dreams. But you are adamant on splitting up, it seems. I don’t expect you to take me back but I beg you to give this mess some time. Let me win your heart again to show you that I am yours and you are mine. I am sorry.”
64. “I never intended to hurt you but it seems like destiny intended to make you feel that I did. Please forgive me for causing you pain and all my actions that we insipid. Sorry.”
65. “How could I have harmed the only thing that matters to me? I cannot understand the youthful, impulses that caused me to betray your trust. Even now, it feels like another person entirely. I know that I do not deserve another chance, but please give me one. I have learned what you mean to me and am willing to fight for your love. Be with me again.”
66. “Never have I understood just how someone as amazing as you could end up with me. Although I do not deserve you, I have never stopped wanting to be with you. Every moment is spent wishing that I was with you and that I could undo the damage I have caused. I know that it is not possible to fix everything, but will you at least let me try?”
How do I say sorry to someone I love?
1. I’m so very sorry for all the things I didn’t say and do when you really needed me to be there for you. Please forgive me.
2. I am deeply sorry that I hurt you. I know these words alone can’t make things right. I want you to know how much I regret what I did to make you sad. I love you with all my heart, and I will do whatever I can to make it up to you.
3. I don’t expect to be forgiven for what I’ve done. I just want you to know that you didn’t deserve what happened between us. I am really sorry.
4. I deeply regret that I couldn’t be there for you on [occasion]. Even though you've been so patient and understanding, I wish more than anything that I could have been with you to share that important moment. I’ll make it up to you in any way I can.
5. I never want to lose sight of what’s truly important ever again. I’m so sorry I let you down.
What is the best message for sorry?
1. I promise to be a better person.
2. I would never mean to cause you so much pain. I promise to be a better communicator.
3. My life is incomplete without you. Please forgive me.
4. I need you in my life. I am sorry.
5. I'm sorry. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you in my arms.
6. Your tears are too precious to be wasted. Let me make it up to you.
7. I miss that tender spot on your shoulder. Please forgive me.
8. I'm sorry for being such a pain.
9. Please forgive me for all of my annoying habits.
10. You mean the world to me. Will you forgive me?
More Related Quotes:
- Apology Quotes to Easily Accept your Mistakes
- Blessed Quotes That Will Help You Count Your Blessings
- Healing Quotes For Uplifting Your Inner Soul
- Keep Trying Quotes To Motivate You To Never Quit
- Patience Quotes That Will Transform Your Life
- Staying Positive Quotes That Will Inspire You
We hope you’ve enjoyed these quotes about apologies and the power of saying sorry. While saying sorry makes you a better person, who is strong enough to accept the unintentional mistakes that might have hurt other people, it also makes sure that you never lose your loved ones in your life. You’ll feel better, lighter, and freer if you let guilt and resentment go. So if one of your beloved is hurt from something that you have said or done unknowingly, write a note to them with these quotes and bring back life in your life. Keep reading and sharing.