Easter Sunday is celebrated on the last and 8th day of the Holy Week that starts from the previous Sunday and sees the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Black Friday. This day is celebrated to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus on the third day of his crucifixion as written in the new testament of Holy Bible and thus people celebrate this day as Jesus was reborn today. So let us be merry and celebrate the Holy Easter Sunday with these Easter Quotes and Sayings.
This time of the year, with spring on its peak and nature resurrecting, flowers blooming, and new leaves covering the trees, it only came natural to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus during this time too; as Easter is supposed to have got its name from the pre-Christian goddess known as Eostre, who was worshipped at the beginning of the spring.
Further, it is believed that Easter is celebrated with bunnies because they are terrific procreators and are an ancient symbol for fertility and new life. So let us celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and spring with these Easter Sunday Quotes and Sayings:
Happy Easter Quotes
2. “May little chicks and flowers bring into your life the joys of spring.” – Easter Greeting
3. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Anderson
4. “Golf is just the adult version of an Easter Egg Hunt.” – Unknown
5. “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Bernhard Langer
6. “Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer.” – Anita Krizan
7. “I am the resurrection and the life.” – John
8. “Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe filled with slush.” – Doug Larson
9. “God is love and He has defeated evil.” – Pope Francis
10. “By grace, we are saved through faith.” – Kevin DeYoung
11. “Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
12. “Keep going. Keep growing.” – Unknown
13. “Let your joy burst forth like the flowers in the spring.” – Unknown
14. “I hope you have colorful eggs, candy, grass, and chocolate bunnies in your Easter basket this year.”
15. “I just popped into your inbox, to wish the sweetest person in this world loads of Easter eggs, just as sweet as you.” Happy Easter.
16. “It’s not about the bunny, eggs, or even dressing up for the church. It’s about the hope that we have because there was an empty tomb.”
17. “Jesus chooses to lay down on the cross in place of us so that we can have life. So great is his love for each one of us. Let us praise and worship Him. Have a Blessed Easter.”
18. “Finally, that time of the year is here. Happy Easter to you my friend. May the risen Lord fill your heart with compassion, joy, love, and never-ending bliss.”
19. “God blesses all those who believe in him. May the light of faith in God grow each day. May you have a pleasant Easter!”
20. “Have a happy, peaceful, and fun Easter filled with marshmallows, chocolate, and jelly beans.”
21. “He was born to die and rise into the sky so that one day we all could pray to him to save our lives.” Here’s wishing you a very Happy Easter.
22. “I hope this holiday fills your heart and your home with love and joy.”
23. “Jesus Christ, who was born in a manger, is born again in your heart. Happy Easter to you and your family. Just like after every night comes a new day and after darkness comes light after a painful death comes new life.” Happy Easter to you.
24. “Let this Easter be a joyous one. Let us prepare ourselves, to be worthy of the risen Christ. Happy Easter.”
25. “Let us together pray to Jesus to rise into our hearts and bring us new life.” Here’s wishing you a Memorable Easter.
26. “May Easter bunny get you lots and lots of presents. Enjoy the season of Easter eggs and bonnet hats.” Have a Happy Easter.
Happy Easter Sunday Quotes
27. “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.” – Dwight L. Moody
28. “A true friend is someone who thinks you’re a good egg, even if you’re cracked.”
29. “Let your light shine before others.” – Matthew
30. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
31. “There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
32. “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” – Virgil A. Kraft
33. “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen
34. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
35. “The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies.” – Kate McGahan
36. “The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day He created spring.” – Bernard Williams
37. “Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” – Clarence W. Hall
38. “It is spring again. The Earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
39. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” – Pope John Paul II
40. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Saint Augustine
41. “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket.” – Evan Esar
42. “I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and true love. Don’t even try to tell me different.” – Dolly Parton
43. “We proclaim the resurrection of Christ when his light illuminates the dark moments of our existence.” – Pope Francis
44. “The Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.” – Charles M. Crowe
46. “The great gift of Easter is hope.” – Basil Hume
47. “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Bernhard Langer.
48. “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” — Janine di Giovanni.
49. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” – Pope John Paul II.
50. “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” – Carl Knudsen.
51. “Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart!” – Susan Coolidge.
52. “Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.” — Charles Crowe.
53. “The cross of Christ shows us that God’s love is of deepest descent… universal distribution and of eternal duration.” – Dr. Fred Barlow
54. “Jesus cannot forget us; we have been graven on the palms of his hands.” – Lois Picillo
55. “The stone was rolled away from the door, not to permit Christ to come out, but to enable the disciples to go in.” – Peter Marshall
56. “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” – Robert Flatt
Being one of the most important Christian festivals, Easter also is a joyful occasion to celebrate with family and friends. So take out your bunnies and Easter eggs, decorate your space, prepare a meal, go to a Church service, invite people over and let the merriment begin. Have a happy Easter Sunday.
More Related Quotes:
- Easter Sunday Wishes, Greetings, Messages, and Images
- Happy Doctor’s Day Quotes
- Earth Day Quotes and Save Earth Slogan to save our Planet
- Nature Quotes To Inspire Your Next Outdoor Adventure
- Holy Good Friday Quotes With Images
We hope you like these collections of Happy Easter Sunday Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Please Do Follow Us: