“Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?” – Frida Kahlo
Have you ever wondered what would be colourful art without Frida Kahlo? She has a great contribution in colourful paintings. How about looking into the famous Frida Kahlo Quotes and Sayings to understand her perspective towards different things in life?
Frida Kahlo was a Mexican Painter. She was born to a German father and Mexican Mother.
Frida Kahlo was disabled from polio as a child. She was interested in Science and took admission in National Preparatory School in Mexico City to study medicine.
Kahlo went through an accident which caused her to go through more than 30 surgeries.
During her recovery, she started to paint and read books of art.
Frido met Rivera when she joined the Mexican Communist Party who encouraged her to continue to paint.
In 1929, after marrying Rivera, she developed an interest in Mexican Folk Art and painted her husband as an artist and herself as his support in a painting.
While travelling in the United States, when she had a miscarriage and lost her mother, she painted some of her most horrowing works.
The couple went through a lot of difficulties in 1939 and 1940. They both had extramarital affairs. Frido, being a bisexual had affairs with both men and women. They divorced in 1939 and got united in the same year. Frida Kahlo used to paint coloured self-portraits that portrait identity, human body and death.
At the age of 47, Kahlo unexpectedly died from pneumonia. The last words in her diary were: “I hope exit is joyful and I hope never to come back.”
Here’s for the world-renowned artist. Presenting you famous Frida Kahlo Quotes and Sayings:
Don’t forget to also read our collection of Maya Angelou Quotes about women, love, and life.
Frida Kahlo Quotes
1. “Don’t build a wall around your suffering. It may devour you from the inside.” – Frida Kahlo
2. “Pain, pleasure, and death are no more than a process for existence. The revolutionary struggle in this process is a doorway open to intelligence.” –Frida Kahlo
3. “Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are a bourbon biscuit.” – Frida Kahlo
4. “You are all the combinations of numbers of life.” –Frida Kahlo
5. “There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst.” – Frida Kahlo
6. “The most important part of the body is the brain. Of my face, I like the eyebrows and eyes.” – Frida Kahlo
7. “I wish I could do whatever I liked behind the curtain of “madness.” – Frida Kahlo
8. “People in general are scared to death of the war and all the exhibitions have been a failure, because the rich don’t want to buy anything.” – Frida Kahlo
9. “I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim.” – Frida Kahlo
10. “Everyone’s opinions about things change over time. Nothing is constant. Everything changes.” – Frida Kahlo
11. “I am nauseated by all these rotten people in Europe – and these fucking “democracies” are not worth even a crumb” – Frida Kahlo
12. “Through the round numbers and the colored nerves the stars are made and the worlds are sounds.” – Frida Kahlo
13. “So forgotten and so firm. Snail shells and the bride-doll, is yours too – I mean, it is you.” – Frida Kahlo
14. “I am in agreement with everything my father taught me and nothing my mother taught me.” – Frida Kahlo
15. “I had something in my throat. It felt like I had swallowed the whole world.” – Frida Kahlo
16. “Loyalty is important to me. Can you be loyal?” – Frida Kahlo
17. “Surrealism is the magical surprise of finding a lion in a wardrobe, where you were ‘sure’ of finding shirts.” – Frida Kahlo
18. “Of the opposite sex, I have the moustache and, in general, the face.” – Frida Kahlo
19. “My toys were those of a boy: skates, bicycles.” – Frida Kahlo
20. “To trap one’s self-suffering is to risk being devoured from the inside.” – Frida Kahlo
21. “I am nothing but a “small damned” part of a revolutionary movement. Always revolutionary never dead, never useless.” – Frida Kahlo
22. “My blood is a miracle that, from my veins, crosses the air in my heart into yours.” – Frida Kahlo
23. “Mankind owns its destiny, and its destiny is the earth. We are destroying it until we have no destiny.” – Frida Kahlo
24. “I want a storm to come and flood us into a song that no one wrote.” – Frida Kahlo
25. “Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change.” – Frida Kahlo
26. “There is nothing more precious than laughter.” – Frida Kahlo
27. “There is nothing left everything revolves.” – Frida Kahlo
28. “I don’t want you to think like I do. I just want you to think.” – Frida Kahlo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Rumi Quotes to change your outlook on life.
Frida Kahlo Quotes About Love and Pain
29. “Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?” – Frida Kahlo
30. “Painting completed my life.” – Frida Kahlo
31. “I do not want a half-hearted love, torn and cut in half.”-Frida Kahlo
32. “I heaven you, so my wings will open wide to love you boundlessly.”- Frida Kahlo.
33. “My painting carries with it the message of pain.” – Frida Kahlo
34. “I tried to drown my sorrows but the bastards learned how to swim.” –Frida Kahlo
35. “I want to be inside your darkest everything.” – Frida Kahlo
36. “Love me a little. I adore you.” – Frida Kahlo
37. “Painting completed my life. I lost three children and a series of other things that would have fulfilled my horrible life. My painting took the place of all of this. I think work is the best.” – Frida Kahlo
38. “Fall in love with yourself, with life, and then with whoever you want.” –Frida Kahlo
39. “Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.” – Frida Kahlo
40. “I am that clumsy human, always loving, loving, loving. And loving. And never leaving.” – Frida Kahlo
41. “You didn’t understand what I am. I am love. I am pleasure. I am essence. I am an idiot. I am tenacious. I am. I simply am.” – Frida Kahlo
42. “I love you more than my own skin.” – Frida Kahlo
43. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
44. “Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain.” – Frida Kahlo
45. “I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return.” – Frida Kahlo
46. “They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t.” – Frida Kahlo
47. “They say never trust a limping dog or the tears of a woman.” – Frida Kahlo
48. “One day they asked me who I wanted to marry, and I said I would not marry, but I did want to have a child by Diego Rivera.” – Frida Kahlo
49. “You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.” – Frida Kahlo
50. “Where you cannot love, do not delay.” – Frida Kahlo
51. “I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.” – Frida Kahlo
52. “Diego was everything; my child, my lover, my universe.” – Frida Kahlo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Spiritual Quotes that will brighten your life.
Frida Kahlo Quotes About Life
53. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
54. “Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.” – Frida Kahlo
55. “Really, I do not know whether my paintings are surrealist or not, but I do know that they are the frankest expression of myself.” – Frida Kahlo
56. “I was born a bitch. I was born a painter.” – Frida Kahlo
57. “I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.” – Frida Kahlo
58. “You deserve the best, the very best, because you are one of the few people in this lousy world who are honest to themselves, and that is the only thing that really counts.” – Frida Kahlo
59. “You deserve a lover who takes away the lies and brings you hope, coffee, and poetry.” – Frida Kahlo
60. “I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.” – Frida Kahlo
61. “No place in life is sadder than an empty bed.” – Frida Kahlo
62. “I could kill that guy and eat it afterward…” – Frida Kahlo
63. “I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return.” – Frida Kahlo
Frida Kahlo Quotes About Art
64. “I put on the canvas whatever comes into my mind.” – Frida Kahlo
65. “My paintings are well-painted, not nimbly but patiently.” – Frida Kahlo
66. “I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you.” – Frida Kahlo
67. “I paint flowers so they will not die.” – Frida Kahlo
68. “I’d like to paint you, but there are no colors, because there are so many, in my confusion, the tangible form of my great love. – Frida Kahlo
69. “At the end of the day we can endure much more than we think we can.”― Frida Kahlo
70. “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.” – Frida Kahlo
71. “To paint is the most terrific thing that there is, but to do it well is very difficult.” – Frida Kahlo
72. “I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.” – Frida Kahlo
73. “I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.” – Frida Kahlo
Frida Kahlo Quotes on Feminism
74. “Sexism and racism are parallel problems. You can compare them in some ways, but they’re not at all the same. But they’re both symptoms inside the white male power structure.” – Frida Kahlo
75. “I am my own muse, I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better.” – Frida Kahlo
76. “I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy as long as I can paint.” – Frida Kahlo
77. “I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone because I am the person I know best.” – Frida Kahlo
78. “I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.” – Frida Kahlo
79. “Why do I need feet when I have wings to fly?”― Frida Kahlo
80. “I must fight with all my strength so that the little positive things that my health allows me to do might be pointed toward helping the revolution. The only real reason for living.” – Frida Kahlo
What is Frida Kahlo most famous quote?
1. "Sexism and racism are parallel problems. You can compare them in some ways, but they’re not at all the same. But they’re both symptoms inside the white male power structure." -Frida Kahlo
2. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” - Frida Kahlo
3. “I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim.”- Frida Kahlo
4. “I don't paint dreams or nightmares, I paint my own reality.”-Frida Kahlo
5. “Feet, what do I need them for
If I have wings to fly.” - Frida Kahlo
Frido was one of the few Mexican Artists who gained global recognition. Apart from her disabilities, she made her name in the field of art. She was a confident woman who overlooked society’s standards.
- Dedication Quotes That Will Motivate You For Success
- Consistency Quotes To Keep You Going Smoothly
- Study Quotes for Students to Study Hard
We hope you have enjoyed these Frida Kahlo Quotes and Sayings and get inspiration form from her. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes and wishes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Join Us on Pinterest and Instagram