If you are searching for a collection of Forest Quotes, World forestry day quotes, and International Day of Forests Quotes then you are on the best website on the internet. Stay Calm and Read our Collection.
The International Day of Forests was established on the 21st day of March, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012. Each year, various events celebrate and raise awareness of the importance of all types of forests, and trees outside forests, for the benefit of current and future generations.
Countries are encouraged to undertake efforts to organize local, national, and international activities involving forests and trees, such as tree planting campaigns, on International Day of Forests. The Secretariat of the United Nations Forum on Forests, in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization, facilitates the implementation of such events in collaboration with governments, the Collaborative Partnership on Forests, and international, regional and subregional organizations. International Day of Forests was observed for the first time on March 21, 2013.
Forests are part of your life in more ways than you realize
When we drink a glass of water, write in a notebook, take medicine for fever or build a house, we do not always make the connection with forests. And yet, these and many other aspects of our lives are linked to forests in one way or another. Forests, their sustainable management and use of resources, including in fragile ecosystems, are key to combating climate change, and to contribute to the prosperity and well-being of current and future generations. Forests also play a crucial role in poverty alleviation and in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Forests and Education – Learn to Love Forests
Every 21 March the United Nations raises awareness of the importance of all types of forests. This year the International Day of Forests promotes education to Learn to Love Forests. It underscores the importance of education at all levels in achieving sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation. Healthy forests mean healthy, resilient communities and prosperous economies.
Check out the quotes listed below and remember to visit your neighborhood forest. And once you’re done, be sure to also read our collection of mountain quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
“Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.”
– Hal Borland
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” – E. O. Wilson
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The most beautiful gift of nature is that it gives one pleasure to look around and try to comprehend what we see.” – Albert Einstein
“Humankind’s greatest priority is to reintegrate with the natural world.”
– Jonathon Porritt
- “If you are lucky you will have the opportunity in your life to be owned by a good piece of land.” – Daniel J. Rice
- “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you, you can feel it. – Ted Trueblood
Inspiring Quotes About Forests
- “The forest is a peculiar organism of unlimited kindness and benevolence that makes no demands for its sustenance and extends generously the products of its life activity; it affords protection to all beings, offering shade even to the axe-man who destroys it.” –Gautama Buddha
- “The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live.”
-Evaristo Nugkuag Ikanan
- “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
“Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.”
– Stewart Udall
- “If you go to a desert, you will hear this mysterious voice: Be wise, protect your forests!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Come to the woods, for here is rest.” – John Muir
- “Forests are like churches, hallowed places. There’s a stillness about them, a sort of reverence.” – Sabrina Elkins
“If you love a tree you will be more beautiful than before!”
– Amit Ray
- “The earth is hiring and the pay is your legacy.” – Shannon L. Alder
World Forestry Day Quotes
- A people without children would face a hopeless future; a country without trees is almost as helpless. – Theodore Roosevelt
- A forest of these trees is a spectacle too much for one man to see.
- The forest is my loyal friend, Like God it useth me. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Forests were the first temples of the Divinity, and it is in the forests that men have grasped the first idea of architecture. – Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way.
- If the forest has a day of fire and the heat of the flames does not consume a special tree, it will still be changed; charred, but still standing.
- The mountains, the forest, and the sea render men savage; they develop the fierce, but yet do not destroy the human.
- The world’s forests are a shared stolen treasure that we must put back for our children’s future.
- Save the elephants, and then you save the forest and then you save yourself.
A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.
- Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.
- This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly.
- Nature is a temple in which living columns sometimes emit confused words. The man approaches it through forests of symbols, which observe him with familiar glances.
Forest quotes about wildlife
- “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
- “Those who wish to pet and baby wildlife love them, but those who respect their natures and wish to let them live their natural lives, love them more.” – Edwin Way Teale
“Who’s gonna bring the wild animals some hope? If we don’t love them the way they are.”
– Munia Khan
- Votes are like trees if you are trying to build a forest. If you have more trees than you have forests, then at that point the pollsters will probably say you will win.
- “The rules of wildlife are simple and clear, which is not the case for men.” – Laurent Baheux
- “I feel like I’m nothing without wildlife. They are the stars. I feel awkward without them.” – Bindi Irwin
- “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
- “Whenever we encounter wild animals in nature, we must only ever show kindness and compassion.” – Paul Oxton
- “If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.” – Steve Irwin
“Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world”
– Munia Khan
- “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” – Suzy Kassem
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
- “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – A.A. Milne
International Day of Forests Images
I hope you like these collections of Forest Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
If you like these quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest and share them around! Happy reading! Thanking you for visiting our Yourfates, for more updates on thoughts and quotes, please visit regularly more updates.