Charlie Chaplin was an English comedian, filmmaker, and composer, he was one of the most iconic figures in the film industry worldwide. Here’s our ultimate collection of the 31 greatest Charlie Chaplin quotes.
Charlie Chaplin used to be a very big artist in the 20th century. Charlie Chaplin used to act like Tramp, for which he was famous in the Pre World, and one of the most important actors in the history of the film industry.
Chaplin started his career in childhood. He also produced many films, as well as he was an expert in the comic art of the Silent era, for which he made a place in the hearts of people all over the world.
He had love affairs with many actresses working with him. In 1918, Charlie married 16-year-old Mildred Haris. Their marriage lasted for 2 years and they got divorced. Then in 1924, he again married 16-year-old actress Lita Gray. His last marriage was with Oona O’Neill, who was 18 years old at that time. They had eight children and settled in Switzerland.
Chaplin’s career began to grow in the 20th century. In the same decade, he did some historical films, “The Kid” in 1921, “The Pilgrim” in 1923, “A Woman in Paris”, “The Gold Rush” in 1925, Circus Eye in 1928, Chaplin is Always wanted to remember the film.
Chaplin died on Christmas day in the year 1977 at age 88 of natural cause. His wife O’Neill, along with their eight children, was with him in his last moments.
Here are the best of Famous Charlie Chaplin quotes which are collected from the various sources.
Charlie Chaplin Quotes
1. “Nothing is permanent, not even our troubles.” -Charlie Chaplin
2. “Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.” – Charlie Chaplin
3. “Imagination means nothing without doing.” – Charlie Chaplin
4. “Machinery should be a blessing to mankind and not a curse.” – Charlie Chaplin
5. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” -Charlie Chaplin
6. “Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.” -Charlie Chaplin
7. “Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh, and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.” – Charlie Chaplin
8. “Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express” – Charlie Chaplin
9. “Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease from pain.” – Charlie Chaplin
10. “The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.” – Charlie Chaplin
11. “I am at peace with God. My conflict is with a man.” – Charlie Chaplin
12. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” – Charlie Chaplin
13. “This is a ruthless world and one must be ruthless to cope with it.” – Charlie Chaplin
14. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” – Charlie Chaplin
15. “I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror.” – Charlie Chaplin
16. “Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people.” – Charlie Chaplin
17. “We think too much and feel too little.” – Charlie Chaplin
18. “We must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature — or go insane.” – Charlie Chaplin
19. “If you’re really truthful with yourself, it’s wonderful guidance.” – Charlie Chaplin
20. “I suppose that’s one of the ironies of life, doing the wrong thing at the right moment.” -Charlie Chaplin
21. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.” -Charlie Chaplin
22. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.” -Charlie Chaplin
23. “The basic essential of a great actor is that he loves himself in acting.” -Charlie Chaplin
24. “We think too much and feel too little.” -Charlie Chaplin
25. “The deeper the truth in creative work, the longer it will live.” – Charlie Chaplin
26. “The simplicity of the approach is always best.” – Charlie Chaplin
27. “We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.” – Charlie Chaplin
28. “Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.” – Charlie Chaplin
29. “You need power only when you want to do something harmful, otherwise, love is enough to get everything done.” – Charlie Chaplin
30. “My happiest days are those in which I do good work.” – Charlie Chaplin
31. “Too much kindness and respect are given to the unseen and not enough to humanity. It seems that in our nature we loathe each other and bestow our respect and love on the abstract.” – Charlie Chaplin
During the Oscar Awards in 1995, The Guardian newspaper conducted a survey to find out who is the favorite hero of the film critics and viewers and was surprised to see the survey report that, even after two decades of Charlie’s death, Charlie is the favorite actor of most people.
It would not be an exaggeration to say that even today, Charlie Chaplin still lives in the hearts of everyone, his acting also brings joy to today’s generation. Even today, many artists imitate his performance.
More Related Quotes:
- David Goggins Quotes about Life and Success
- Sadhguru Quotes On Yoga, Meditation And Life
- Albert Einstein Quotes To Inspire You For Life
- Alice Walker Quotes About Love, Life
- Barack Obama Quotes On Education, Hard Work, And Success
- JK Rowling Quotes Which Will Motivate You All Your Life
We hope you like these collections of Charlie Chaplin Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Please Do Follow Us: