If you are searching for a collection of Bhagavad Gita Quotes then you are on the best website on the internet. Stay Calm and read our Collection.
The Bhagavad Gita, written thousands of years ago, Srimad Bhagavad Gita is one of the holiest books of the Hindus. According to Mahabharata, Lord Krishna told the message of Gita to Arjuna in the Kurukshetra war. It is an Upanishad given under Bhishma Parva of Mahabharata. Monotheism, Karma Yoga, Gyaan Yoga, Bhakti Yoga have been discussed very beautifully in the Bhagavad Gita.
The background of the Srimad Bhagavad Gita is the war of Mahabharata. Just as a normal person gets confused by the problems of his life and instead of fighting with the problems of life, makes up his mind to run away from it, similarly Arjuna, who was the great warrior of Mahabharata, was afraid of the problems faced by him and his life and Kshatriya Disappointed with religion, just like Arjuna, we all sometimes get frustrated in a state of uncertainty and or run away from distracting from our problems.
Here are the best Bhagavad Gita quotes to understand the principles of life in the best possible way!
Bhagavad Gita Quotes
1. “You are what you believe in, You become that which you believe you can become.” – Bhagavad Gita
2. “The wise work for the welfare of the world, without thought for themselves.” – Bhagavad Gita
3. “You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work, You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.” – Bhagavad Gita
4. “There is nothing lost or wasted in this life.” – Bhagavad Gita
5. “Perform your obligatory duty, because action is indeed better than inaction.” – Bhagavad Gita
6. “He who is deluded by the ego thinks, I am the doer.” – Bhagavad Gita
7. “The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.” – Bhagavad Gita
8. “Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.” – Bhagavad Gita
9. “No one should abandon duties because he sees defects in them. Every action, every activity, is surrounded by defects as a fire is surrounded by smoke.” – Bhagavad Gita
10. “It is better to live in your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.” – The Bhagavad Gita.
11. “Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps, and whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.” – Bhagavad Gita
12. “One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men.”
13. “Arise, slay thy enemies, enjoy a prosperous kingdom.” – Bhagavad Gita
14. “Death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore grieve not for what is inevitable.” – Bhagavad Gita
15. “No one who does good work will ever come to a bad end, either here or in the world to come” – Bhagavad Gita
16. “A gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return” – Bhagavad Gita
17. “Work for work’s sake, not for yourself. Act but do not be attached to your actions. Be in the world, but not of it.” – Bhagavad Gita
Bhagavad Gita Quotes in English
18. “Lust, Anger, and Greed are the three doors to hell.” – Bhagavad Gita
19. “When a man dwells on the pleasure of sense, the attraction for them arises in him, From attraction arises desire, the lust of possession, and this leads to passion, to anger.” – Bhagavad Gita
20. “From passion comes the confusion of mind, then the loss of remembrance, the forgetting of duty, From this loss comes the ruin of reason, and the ruin of reason leads man to destruction.” – Bhagavad Gita
21. “You are only entitled to the action, never to its fruits.” – Bhagavad Gita
22. “You have a right to perform your prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions.” – Bhagavad Gita
23. “Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is” – Bhagavad Gita
24. “Through selfless service, you will always be fruitful and find the fulfillment of your desires” – Bhagavad Gita
25. “We are kept from our goal not by obstacles but by a clear path to a lesser goal.” – Bhagavad Gita
26. “Pleasures conceived in the world of the senses have a beginning and an end and give birth to misery.” – Bhagavad Gita
27. “Seek refuge in the attitude of detachment and you will amass the wealth of spiritual awareness. The one who is motivated only by the desire for the fruits of their action, and anxious about the results, is miserable indeed.” – Bhagavad Gita
28. “As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.” – Bhagavad Gita
29. “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” – Bhagavad Gita
30. “Whatever happened, happened for the good, Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good.” – Bhagavad Gita
31. “In the dark night of all beings awakes to Light the tranquil man. But what is day to other beings is night for the sage who sees.” – Bhagavad Gita
32. “The spirit is beyond destruction. No one can bring an end to spirit which is everlasting. – Bhagavad Gita
33. “Better than mechanical practice is knowledge. Better than knowledge is meditation.” – Bhagavad Gita&
The sages of India, after deep thought, imbibed the knowledge they gave to the Vedas. The last portion of these Vedas is known as Upanishads. The characteristic of human life is the intellectual power acquired by human beings, and the knowledge contained in the Upanishads is not only the highest state of human intelligence but also gives a glimpse of what man can experience beyond the limits of intellect.
Bhagavad Gita is currently attracting the attention of people not only in India but also abroad with her philosophical approach towards life more than religion. The Gita’s message management of Nishkam Karma is also appealing to the gurus. It is included in the most famous books of all religions of the world.
The Bhagavad Gita teaches us various important principles that relate to work, life, religion, philosophy, and spirituality.
- We come to this world empty-handed.
- The world is perishable and whoever comes to this world surely has to go one day.
- Truth can never be destroyed. One should not be afraid of doing good.
- Whatever happened was good.
- Work is of utmost importance and one must work with dedication without always worrying about results.
- Desires come and go, but you should remain a dispassionate witness, simply watching and enjoying the show. Desires should not bother a person.
- God is always with us and around us no matter what we are doing.
Share your favorite Bhagavad Gita Quotes in the comment section below.
Having any special messages/quotes to be included in our list? Please drop a comment below.
- Famous Gautama Buddha Quotes on Life, Peace, and Death
- Inspirational David Goggins Quotes about Life and Success
- JK Rowling Quotes Which Will Motivate You All Your Life
- Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes And Sayings
We hope you like these collections of Bhagavad Gita Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.
Please Do Follow Us: