When we feel insecure about something, we are unable to fully trust ourselves at that moment. The feeling when you are uncertain about your ability to do something or to measure up to a certain standard. This uncertainty has a negative effect on your self-esteem. An uncontrolled or unchecked feeling of insecurity for a long can be destructive and traumatic for the overall life of the person. So to help you deal with your insecurities, we have brought these Insecurity Quotes and Sayings. Read on and face your insecurities head-on.
Sometimes insecurity stays localized, meaning that if someone makes a sneering joke about your looks, this may not impact your feelings about your intelligence. However, often insecurity has an overall negative effect on your self-esteem, making you feel worthless altogether. There are many reasons because of which insecurities may rise in our heart and mind. Lack of approval is the most common one. But why do you need approval from anyone? Don’t seek approval from others for yourself. Learn to love yourself enough so that your own approval seems enough for you.
Insecurity is all around, everyone feels insecure about various situations so you are not alone in this. Let us all deal with our insecurities with these Insecurity Quotes and Sayings collection that will highlight the impact of insecurity in our life and also boost your self-esteem.
Insecurity Quotes and Sayings
Here are the best quotes and sayings about insecurity to help inspire you to work through it.
1. “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” – Shannon L. Alder
2. “I saw now that a part of me never felt good enough for anyone so I tried to be someone I wasn’t.” – Stefanie Sybens
3. “If only you could see the greatness in yourself, you wouldn’t envy the greatness in others.” – Suzy Kassem
4. “Somehow this disorder hooks into all kinds of fears and insecurities in many clinicians.” – Joan Frances Casey
5. “If you lose your integrity, you will also lose your identity, your sensitivity, and your dignity. Integrity is honesty, modesty, and security in all kinds of weather. It should be our priority!” – Israelmore Ayivor
6. “A woman will always be insecure if she attaches her identity and sense of worth to the amount of male attention she gets.” – Anupama Garg
7. “The most introspective of souls are often those that have been hurt the most.”
– Shannon Alder
8. “I live in a shell, so I can’t blame people when they don’t want to crack me. But people like you are the reason I left the nest.” – Maria Elena
9. “He who is jealous is better off not dating someone who is bisexual.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
10. “This is not a “guilty pleasure” of mine, simply because I don’t believe in “guilty” pleasures. Snobbery is just the public face of insecurity.” – James Kakalios
11. “I act like shit don’t phase me inside it drives me crazy, my insecurities could eat me alive” – Eminem
12. “Love should not cause suffocation and death if it is truly loved. Don’t bundle someone into an uncomfortable cage just because you want to ensure their safety in your life. The bird knows where it belongs, and will never fly to a wrong nest.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
13. “Being Overconfident often exists when one tries to cover up one’s insecurities without facing them.” – Edmond Mbiaka
14. “It’s not a lack of opportunity around me. Rather, it’s a lack of faith within me.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
15. “Don’t be like an insecure person who only likes to be in a circle where he is the most successful one. Perhaps so that everyone in that circle would respect him. You should always position yourself in a circle that challenges you very often to push harder and do better” – Edmond Mbiaka
16. “It has always seemed that a fear of judgment is the mark of guilt and the burden of insecurity.” – Criss Jami
17. “Alcohol is one of the quickest vehicles with which we escape shyness, our problems, and self-consciousness, for a few hours.”
18. “Relationships fail when people take their own insecurities and project them as their partner’s flaws.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “A person who is confident and capable will never feel insecure.” – Abhishek Ratna
20. “They’ll try to make you forget who you are or try to make you ashamed. But you mustn’t forget and you mustn’t be ashamed.” – Stephanie Dray
21. “A person’s greatest limitations are not genetic, but imposed by self-doubt, insecurities, indecision, and timidity.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
22. “Only insecure boys will belittle a woman. The greatest way to “man up” is to empower women.” – Steve Maraboli
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Patience Quotes That Will Transform Your Life
Insecurity Quotes For Relationships
23. “I’m so loud as if I know what I’m on about, but deep inside, I’m so insecure.
Just a little girl.” – Katie Price
24. “If you are in a bad relationship with anyone else, it is because you are in a bad relationship with yourself.” – Abiola Abrams
25. “I thought I screwed everything up,” I say.
He smiles. “You’re only one person. In the whole universe. You can’t screw everything up.” – Caela Carter
26. “Insecure people have a special sensitivity for anything that finally confirms their own low opinion of themselves.” – Sue Grafton
27. “Normally, I am a little insecure about myself without a shirt on, as my days of being attractive are now behind me.” – Rick Moody
28. “While you were busy trying to prove God stands behind you, God was before me lighting the trail, so he could lead us both.” – Shannon L. Alder
29. “No INSECURITY makes us sociopathic; too much makes us paranoid, but a little keeps us humble and introspective-a good thing…” – J.R. Wirth
30. “People that don’t know what they are worth will always see their capture’s wings, but never their tail.” – Shannon L. Alder
31. “In an honest effort to gain understanding, asking questions do not, necessarily, imply a conclusion has been determined. They can be used to avoid making the wrong judgment. If building trust is the ultimate goal – there is no need to be defensive, or feel threatened by any inquiry.” – T.F. Hodge
32. “The selfish are seldom secure.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
33. “Nothing is as irritating to a shy man as a confident girl.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
34. “Insecure people seek answers in all the wrong places.” – Robert Black
35. “A boy has other people do the talking for him; a man speaks his mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
36. “I was feeling insecure you might not love me anymore” – John Lennon
37. “How could such a beautiful man be insecure?” – R.K. Lilley
38. “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” – Habeeb Akande
39. “If you are competing with slaves, then you are a slave yourself.” – Bryant McGill
40. “Insecurity is the enemy of knowledge.” – Stewart Stafford
41. “Every sane adult is insecure about at least one thing on or about them.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
42. “Insecure people often falsify the past, in order to make the future pure.” – Shannon L. Alder
43. “Prejudice comes from insecurity and its spiritually infantile need of belonging.”
– Bryant McGill
44. “People, generally, are equally insecure. They just show it (or hide it) differently.” – Criss Jami
45. “He wanted pure compliments, just as he wanted unconditional love.” – Alan Hollinghurst
Why do I feel insecure quotes?
1. “I have insecurities of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” - Adele
2. “The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned.” - Becca Fitzpatrick
3. “Those who matter don’t mind, and those who mind don’t matter.” - Bernard Baruch
4. “I was feeling insecure you might not love me anymore.” - John Lennon
5. “Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security.” - John Allen Paulos
The day you will stop depending on others to make you feel worthy, that day will mark the end of all your insecurities. No one is as important as you in this world for you. So only listen to yourself and learn to take criticism positively.
We hope you like these collections of Insecurity Quotes. Also, If you’ve found us useful, please do consider telling your friends about it. All you have to do is send these quotes on WhatsApp and ask them to subscribe to us.