WHAT IS WORLD AIDS DAY?
Aids Day Quotes: World AIDS Day takes place on 1 December each year. It’s an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, to show support for people living with HIV, and to commemorate those who have died from an AIDS-related illness. Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day was the first-ever global health day.
WHY IS WORLD AIDS DAY IMPORTANT?
Over 101,600 people are living with HIV in the UK. Globally, there are an estimated 36.7 million people who have the virus. Despite the virus only being identified in 1984, more than 35 million people have died of HIV or AIDS, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.
Today, scientific advances have been made in HIV treatment, there are laws to protect people living with HIV and we understand so much more about the condition. Despite this, each year in the UK over 4,300 people are diagnosed with HIV, people do not know the facts about how to protect themselves and others, and stigma and discrimination remain a reality for many people living with the condition.
World AIDS Day is important because it reminds the public and government that HIV has not gone away – there is still a vital need to raise money, increase awareness, fight prejudice, and improve education.
Inspirational Quotes About HIV/AIDS Awareness
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old aids quotes, aids sayings, World AIDS day quotes and aids proverbs, and HIV Quotes, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
- It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance. – Elizabeth Taylor
- Give a child love, laughter, and peace, not AIDS. – Nelson Mandela
- “I enjoy being the messenger for God in terms of letting people know about HIV and AIDS.”– Magic Johnson
- “AIDS obliges people to think of sex as having, possibly, the direst consequences: suicide. Or murder.” – Susan Sontag
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
- “I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was a kiss.” – Pat Robertson
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Unknown
- “My play Safe Sex was picked apart because critics thought it was untrue. It was a play in which no one had AIDS, but the characters talked about how it was going to change their lives.”– Harvey Fierstein
- “I burned out on AIDS and did no AIDS work for a couple of years. I was so angry that people were still getting this disease that nobody can give you – you have to go out and get it!” – Harvey Fierstein
- “Some say that AIDS came from the monkeys, and I doubt that because we have been living with monkeys from time immemorial, others say it was a curse from God, but I say it cannot be that.” – Wangari Maathai
- “AIDS can destroy a family if you let it, but luckily for my sister and me, Mom taught us to keep going. Don’t give up, be proud of who you are, and never feel sorry for yourself.” – Ryan White
World AIDS Day Quotes
- “In today’s climate in our country, which is sickened with the pollution of pollution, threatened with the prominence of AIDS, riddled with burgeoning racism, rife with growing huddles of the homeless, we need art and we need art in all forms. We need all methods of art to be present, everywhere present, and all the time present.” – Maya Angelou
- “AIDS itself is subject to incredible stigma.” – Bill Gates
- “This AIDS stuff is pretty scary. I hope I don’t get it.” – Robert Mapplethorpe
- “You can’t get AIDS from a hug or a handshake or a meal with a friend.” – Magic Johnson
- “I lost relatives to AIDS, a couple of my closest cousins. I lost friends to AIDS, high– school friends who never even made it to their 21st birthdays in the ’80s. When it’s that close to you, you can’t really deny it, and you can’t run from it.” – Queen Latifah
- “Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me.” – Ryan White
- “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” – Derek Bok
- “I’m a firm believer that education is the most efficient tool we have to make people aware and make our children aware, and to protect them from the scourge of the century, which is AIDS” – Shakira
- “Let us give publicity to H.I.V./AIDS and not hide it, because the only way to make it appear like a normal illness like TB, like cancer, is always to come out and say somebody has died because of H.I.V./AIDS, and people will stop regarding it as something extraordinary.” – Nelson Mandela
AIDS Day Quotes
- “HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.”– Princess Diana
- “Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- “AIDS today is not a death sentence. It can be treated as a chronic illness or a chronic disease.” – Yusuf Hamied
- “We’ve had too many World AIDS Days.” – Richard Gere
- “I’m grateful for doing those drugs because they kept me from getting laid and I would have gotten AIDS.” – Steven Tyler
- “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” – Allan Bloom
AIDS Sayings and Quotes
- The most heavily researched disease in the history of medicine. There is currently no reasonable doubt that AIDS is caused by HIV. – Paul Lewis
- AIDS is the biggest challenge, the major disaster facing this country and we would have wished for something more specific and far-reaching. – Mangosuthu Buthelezi
- “The AIDS virus is not more powerful than God.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Treating HIV/AIDS is a lifelong commitment that demands strict adherence to drug protocols, consistent care, and a trusting relationship with health care providers.” – David Mixner
- “Being HIV positive doesn’t necessarily mean that you are going to die before each and every person who is HIV negative.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “AIDS does not inevitably lead to death, especially if you suppress the co-factors that support the disease. It is very important to tell this to people who are infected.”– Luc Montagnier
- “People with AIDS, cancer and other illnesses need free nonmedical support services.” – Marianne Williamson
- “AIDS is a disease that is hard to talk about.” – Bill Gates
- “We need to band together as a unit every day, especially to conquer the strength of the AIDS virus.” – Dustin Hoffman
- “The AIDS epidemic has rolled back a big rotting log and revealed all the squirming life underneath it, since it involves, all at once, the main themes of our existence: sex, death, power, money, love, hate, disease and panic. No American phenomenon has been so compelling since the Vietnam War.” – Edmund White
- “Living in the age of AIDS is one thing. Dying in it is another.” – Gabrielle Carteris
- “People with HIV and AIDS are nothing to be afraid of. They are people just like every single one of us, and each has a story to tell. These people should be helped, embraced, and not dismissed. We need to open our hearts and our minds to them, and we just may learn we’re pretty much all the same.” – Lisa Lampanelli
- “Today the biggest problem in caring for those with AIDS is no longer mainly a medical or scientific problem. The crisis is access to affordable drugs.” – Bernie Sanders
- “AIDS is nature’s retribution for violating the laws of nature.” – Pat Buchanan
- “What society judged was not the severity of the disease but the social acceptability of the individuals affected with it.” – Randy Shilts
- “The trouble is it’s very difficult to pinpoint the most important thing because Aids affects everyone in different levels of society, differently and you have to respond to it differently.” – Emma Thompson
- “AIDS is no longer a death sentence for those who can get the medicines. Now it’s up to the politicians to create “comprehensive strategies” to better treat the disease.” – Bill Clinton
- “HIV/AIDS has no boundaries. ” – Annie Lennox
- “Popular ideas about AIDS are based on a hypothesis that does not stand up to scientific scrutiny.” – Nate Mendel
- “AIDS is such a scary thing and it’s also the kind of thing that you think won’t happen to you. It can happen to you and it’s deadly serious.” – Ice T
- “Things are so scary and intimidating with AIDS and the right-wing that people are looking for somebody to just give them safe harbors.” – Sandra Bernhard
- “AIDS was allowed to happen. It is a plague that need not have happened. It is a plague that could have been contained from the very beginning.” – Larry Kramer
- “History will surely judge us harshly if we do not respond with all the energy and resources that we can bring to bear in the fight against HIV/AIDS.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The moral immune system of this country has been weakened and attacked, and the AIDS virus is the perfect metaphor for it. The malignant neglect of the last twelve years has led to the breakdown of our country’s immune system, environmentally, culturally, politically, spiritually and physically.” – Barbra Streisand
- “The key to HIV/AIDS was to say let’s give a patient multiple different therapies at the same time and that makes the virus much less likely to mutate.” – Laurie Glimcher
World AIDS Day Slogans
- Make your voice a potent weapon to create beautiful earth, one without AIDS.
- In the eyes of aids, everyone is equal; any of us could get it.
- Strengthen the support to weaken the spread of AIDS.
- Make AIDS your worst enemy in the world, win the fight against aids.
World Aids Day Poster
So, here was our collection of AIDS Quotes. The only way you can appreciate our work is by rating us five stars at the end of the post. You can also share these World AIDS Day Quotes on Facebook & Instagram and Whatsapp.
If you want more motivational quotes like this, you can subscribe to our Quote– Box by dropping your email in the subscription box given below, and we will keep giving you more inspirational quotes every week.