September 11 is the day in history with a tragic incident. The deadly terrorist attack on America, the world’s most powerful country, has given such a wound, which will last till the world is in pain. This saturday it is the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America on September 11, 2001. Today in this post, Remembering the 9/11 quotes to honor our country’s patriotism.
Nobody had imagined that such a big terrorist attack could happen to America. In the US, terrorists hijacked and attacked two buildings at New York’s World Trade Center, the Virginia-based Pentagon, and Pennsylvania. 2,977 people died in this attack. It is seen as the biggest terrorist attack in US history.
Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was involved in the attack, who went into hiding in Pakistan after the attack. Laden was later killed by American Seal commandos in Abbottabad, Pakistan. This exposed Pakistan’s lie that Laden was not in Pakistan.
How big this attack was can be gauged from the fact that it took about 100 days to extinguish the fire in this attack. At that time President George Bush, while addressing the nation, declared a national disaster in America. He announced that the attack was carried out by a terrorist.
With the below 9/11 quotes, we pay tribute to the victims of the tragedy on this 19th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- “If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.” — Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl
- “Remember the hours after Sept. 11 when we came together as one! It was the worst day we have ever seen, but it brought out the best in all of us.” — Secretary of State John Kerry
- “The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead, we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic, and religious freedom, the rule of law, and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom” — Rudy Giuliani
- “Americans never quit.” — Douglas MacArthur
- “One of the worst days in America’s history saw some of the bravest acts in Americans’ history. We’ll always honor the heroes of 9/11. And here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice.” — President George W. Bush
- “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.” — President Barack Obama
- “True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” — Clarence Darrow
- “You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy.” — Colin Powell
- “Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.” — Former President George W. Bush
- “September 11, 2001, revealed heroism in ordinary people who might have gone through their lives never called upon to demonstrate the extent of their courage.” — Geraldine Brooks
- “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” — Former President Harry S. Truman
The terrorists targeted the World Trade Center to cause economic damage to America. Billions of dollars were lost in this terrorist attack. The destroyed artifacts in the WTC alone were worth $100 million. It took about nine months to remove 18 lakh tons of debris from here.
These 9/11 Quotes make us remembered the tragic attack.
You May Also Like